Fuel Tank Issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rcmadman1020

Hi guys!
(This may be a stupid question)

Just reaching out about an issue I currently have had for a while with my V2 Ram. It's only happened ever since I put the 50GT Taylor in it, because I stopped using the black fuel line. I put a stopper on the end of the black fuel line and ever since I stopped using it fuel keeps pouring out the sides of the rubber seal that holds the lines in the tank. It comes out at a huge rate and I plan to put some gasket cement around it.

I was just wondering if anyone could tell me why this happens? and if you have any other solutions?

Also one last question, looking through Fearless RC at the fuel tanks for my Ram and noticed that in my manual the part no is RMT115 and on the website it is PRRMT115-C, so what does the C mean?
I'm double checking as I'm about to purchase and I live in Australia and so I would justify sending it back if it didn't fit.

Cheers guys and have a good Christmas 😎

Hi guys!
(This may be a stupid question)

Just reaching out about an issue I currently have had for a while with my V2 Ram. It's only happened ever since I put the 50GT Taylor in it, because I stopped using the black fuel line. I put a stopper on the end of the black fuel line and ever since I stopped using it fuel keeps pouring out the sides of the rubber seal that holds the lines in the tank. It comes out at a huge rate and I plan to put some gasket cement around it.

I was just wondering if anyone could tell me why this happens? and if you have any other solutions?

Also one last question, looking through Fearless RC at the fuel tanks for my Ram and noticed that in my manual the part no is RMT115 and on the website it is PRRMT115-C, so what does the C mean?
I'm double checking as I'm about to purchase and I live in Australia and so I would justify sending it back if it didn't fit.

Cheers guys and have a good Christmas 😎

The tank is probably building up pressure ,maybe put a breather in place of the line ,as far as part # ,I don't know!
Someone else may know about both so just hang in there!..(y)

The tank is probably building up pressure ,maybe put a breather in place of the line ,as far as part # ,I don't know!
Someone else may know about both so just hang in there!..(y)

Hey thanks for the info.
I did buy a set of breathers for it but didn't end up putting them in as I will have to make the hole bigger for it to fit. I might put that in and do the cement to make certain but the pressure build up sounds accurate. Cheers

Hey thanks for the info.
I did buy a set of breathers for it but didn't end up putting them in as I will have to make the hole bigger for it to fit. I might put that in and do the cement to make certain but the pressure build up sounds accurate. Cheers

The gas tank has to breath ,if not ,your engine may run crappy or wont run at all!
DDM racing may have the tank parts!:cool:

Ok that makes sense. Thats a good idea actually, I might jump on there and see what I can find.

The picture I have attached, is this the breather?

Screenshot 2023-12-25 at 1.32.28 pm.png

The black line is usually the feed line with the filter/clunker attached. Please make sure you have the correct line attached the engine. Also there may be vent already in the gas cap. I think you would be better off using the Detroit Performance or Snappy fuel line kits. Might want to check my video to help with leaks. Good luck!
Full Force/Snappy RC High Flow Tank Leak Fix

The black line is usually the feed line with the filter/clunker attached. Please make sure you have the correct line attached the engine. Also there may be vent already in the gas cap. I think you would be better off using the Detroit Performance or Snappy fuel line kits. Might want to check my video to help with leaks. Good luck!
Full Force/Snappy RC High Flow Tank Leak Fix
Oh poop, so I may have had the wrong one attached then... So what does the clear line do normally?

Great, I think I might do what you recommended and I'll check out the video. Really appreciate the advice. Cheers
But if I had the wrong fuel line attached would the engine still run?

I run the Full Force Kit and Snappy RC Rubber with a breather. Works amazing! No leaks...no issues. I am on stock motor however. But should be a great upgrade for you to stop the issues!
Oh yeah nice. I actually found them now on DDM, I'll have to get some.

With the normal engine set up, what does the black fuel line do? and what does the clear fuel line do?

Y
The way my Raminator was plumbed was yellow "clear" was feed and black was return. As I redid my set up, kept it that way. That way as I prime my carburetor bulb and as I run it...I can see the fuel flow, air bubbles ect. That is just the way I did it that worked for me. 😃
Yeah I usually make all mine ”clear” for that reason.

Last edited:
Great, thanks everyone for that info, it has helped a lot.

Also, this is a bit off topic but I am thinking of getting an OBR 46 with the exhaust fitting the suit the standard exhaust for a little less stress on my drivetrain but still keep my Taylor. Have any of you know or heard how they have gone?

Great, thanks everyone for that info, it has helped a lot.

Also, this is a bit off topic but I am thinking of getting an OBR 46 with the exhaust fitting the suit the standard exhaust for a little less stress on my drivetrain but still keep my Taylor. Have any of you know or heard how they have gone?
the last i heard fella the obr 46 was a tad underpowered for what it is,
that was a while ago now though, they may have got it working better now,

the last i heard fella the obr 46 was a tad underpowered for what it is,
that was a while ago now though, they may have got it working better now,

Ok great, cheers for that.
It was such a shame that the original red engine was so underpowered. A little more and I would have just stayed with that to be honest.

The 46 HO that primal sells is pretty decent but its pricey. You can get a 46 from DDM for cheaper but not sure how it compares power wise to the primal engine as they claim it has porting done to it
Maybe a DDM 46 with an ESP top end would be good?

Here is a picture, albeit poor, showing the breather at the tank and the solo yellow hose to the carburetor.

View attachment 91213
Thanks for this.
Did the same thing happen to you as it did with me? the fuel running out of the seal
If u r running taylor 50 u only use one line and put a breather on the other side.My posts probably show a picture just like the one from Rc madman.
Awesome. Yeah thats where I went wrong, I just blocked it off completely
The 46 HO that primal sells is pretty decent but its pricey. You can get a 46 from DDM for cheaper but not sure how it compares power wise to the primal engine as they claim it has porting done to it
Maybe a DDM 46 with an ESP top end would be good?
Oh yeah thats true.
OBR have the Black Friday sale on and was thinking of getting the 46 fat boy with the header for the stock pipe. Makes it easier as it just slides in with no problems

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks