Good Morning All

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buggy Basher

I want to put my MX43 Prolines on a Rovan Buggy. Anyone know what gears I would need to change to compensate for the much taller tires. Thanks.

mx43's are badlands right ? and are 211mm tall, so if you have a rovan baja then i'd assume its on stock gearing 17/57,
so run it as is and see what happens then go from there (y)(y),
depends on engine et as well,

I want to put my MX43 Prolines on a Rovan Buggy. Anyone know what gears I would need to change to compensate for the much taller tires. Thanks.
Generally speaking if you were happy with the gearing performance with your original tires , when you swap out to larger diameter tires you will need to increase your final drive ratio.(larger tires will drop your rpms ) You do this by either swapping to a smaller tooth count clutch pinion gear, or increasing the tooth count on your driven spur gear. If you don't have any engine spacing adjustment , you have to buy a matched set of gears .

Generally speaking if you were happy with the gearing performance with your original tires , when you swap out to larger diameter tires you will need to increase your final drive ratio.(larger tires will drop your rpms ) You do this by either swapping to a smaller tooth count clutch pinion gear, or increasing the tooth count on your driven spur gear. If you don't have any engine spacing adjustment , you have to buy a matched set of gears .
Thanks. I just bought new stock size tires and plan to leave it like it is. Dang thing is already too fast.

Back