Kraken KVTT by cmbscx10

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^^^^^ Thanks for the comments

Since i have never had this MFG before or a gasser i will run it as is, see where i can run it, research, learn and go from their. Coming from a dirt bike background one thing i immediatly did is order pre-filters and a plug from DDM. Dirty air is a big no no and i am very OCD about it. Does anyone run fuel filters?

Oh I read and watched the Kraken RC build vids of the TT and especially the shocks. As commented a 1000x before you don't really get how big the shocks in particular are until you see it in person. My dad was over and we were having some brews and looking at this thing. My first experience at a bigger shock was running Losi 8 then buying a Losi LST. I thought damn tha tis a jump in size. Then i got my Losi Mini Copper and those now seem like Losi 8 compared to the Kraken pit bike shocks i have now.

20240309_183455.jpg

20240309_183508.jpg

Not liking straps i looked for aftermarket alternatives for mounting the spare tires. The only thing i saw was from Kraken. This isn't about cost as they look like two regular old bolts. Plain old bolts don't fly with me. Simple but I'm waiting for better weather so i made my version.

All left over pieces parts. Delrin rod, cmbscx10 Delrin washer and some left over hexes. For me the big thing was weight as i will be attempting to "Tune" the suspension. 1/2" bolts are 7.6oz. My Delrin solution are 3.6oz. What 4oz equates to in "Scale" is unknown but 52% reduction in weight is HUGE at any scale. Will see how they hold up for improvements.

Kraken KV5TT Rear Spare Tire Mounting Bolts.JPG
Spare Tire Holder 20240408_165828.jpg
Spare Tire Holder 20240408_170147.jpg
Spare Tire Holder 20240409_070414.jpg
Spare Tire Holder 20240409_070535.jpg

Not liking straps i looked for aftermarket alternatives for mounting the spare tires. The only thing i saw was from Kraken. This isn't about cost as they look like two regular old bolts. Plain old bolts don't fly with me. Simple but I'm waiting for better weather so i made my version.

All left over pieces parts. Delrin rod, cmbscx10 Delrin washer and some left over hexes. For me the big thing was weight as i will be attempting to "Tune" the suspension. 1/2" bolts are 7.6oz. My Delrin solution are 3.6oz. What 4oz equates to in "Scale" is unknown but 52% reduction in weight is HUGE at any scale. Will see how they hold up for improvements.

View attachment 92710
View attachment 92711
View attachment 92712
View attachment 92713
View attachment 92714
Delrin is tough stuff. I make a bunch of parts from it. By far one of the best plastics I have worked with.

I ordered the FullForce RC Kraken VEKTA Windshield but like a DA i did not see the fine print that it does not fit the TT. I looked again on DDM, on the FullForce and Detroit Performance website but did not see one made for the TT. Maybe somebody does but i didn't see one. Oh well I'll use it for my Vekta5E when it comes.

So, i ordered up some 1/16 Lexan 12"x12" sheet, busted out the scissors and some heavy paper. A couple of tongue on the side of the mouth measurements and you have my first version of the cmbscx10 Vekat5TT windshield. Will see how it holds up and go for V2 if needed.

Now i can peel the protective film off and find some small stickers and give it a little scale look.

20240421_140845.jpg20240421_140911.jpg20240421_141321.jpg20240421_141537.jpg

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks