Mad Max street sweepers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MCD dood

Tried out my set of mad Max street sweepers on my MCD w5 yesterday down a industrial estate, Sunday arvo, was impressed with the grip level, couldn't do donuts on concrete of asphalt, got some good drifts on the concrete, even left little blackies on the concrete, any one after a set on on road tyres for your car's give these a go,

I did notice in one of your other threads that you on road race one of your Losi off road car's, do you use the mad Max tyre's mentioned above, don't think I've seen the mad Max super grips, are they available at dave discount motor
I think I just answered my own question, from memory, witch isn't the best, they look like the tyre's that you had on your rig, what inserts do you use

Last edited:
Yeah I did have a look on ddm, I found them, thanks for the link by the way, do they fit all front & back of your Losi
I thought the w5 handle pretty good on the road, 30.5 full mod reed is the motor in my w5, goes bloody hard
Thanks rep
I went for a rooster tail engine, seeing I'm in Australia, support the locals I say, he builds a good engine, I have no complaints, good customer service to, hard to find that these day

The only thing I had to get for them to fit was 1" wheel extensions for the front so it would clear the end links for the steering. I'd love to build a reed 30.5 but I'll get there eventually

I took off the MCD wheel extenders & put Taylor one's on there, they are a little longer than the MCD one's
With the MCD one's I couldn't get my silver back rim's on, or the race pace rim's, but with the Taylor extenders everything fits
Got to love Mike Taylor's stuff
He also has excellent customer service, in my opinion,
Thanks again rep
You guy's over in America, should be able to get a good deal, from rooster tail, being in Australia, exchange rate is $ 1.61 American, to $1 Australia, don't know what shipping would be through
Something for you to look into & think about
Thanks again rep 😁
https://www.taylorrc.co.uk/product-page/mad-max-ultimate-foam-wheels-zero-growth-slicks
have you seen the 190mm zero growth foam slicks, they should have unreal grip, be good for your road race rig
just don't know how long they would last
be worth while giving them a go, in my opinion

Last edited:
Oops 🤐 I just realised I have the exchange rate the wrong way around, $1 American is worth a $1.61 Australia

https://www.taylorrc.co.uk/product-page/mad-max-ultimate-foam-wheels-zero-growth-slicks
have you seen the 190mm zero growth foam slicks, they should have unreal grip, be good for your road race rig
just don't know how long they would last
be worth while giving them a go, in my opinion

There is a seller here in the US who is actually the the guy that worked with Madmax to develop these tires. His name is Jason and he is a great guy. He mainly does speed runs with them, would be interesting to see how they would last/grip on a track. He has a 5ive-b stretched onto a truck chassis that is doing 130+mph.

https://www.kilowattrc.com/product-page/mad-max-1-5-ultra-high-speed-foam-wheels

Holly Dolly, that's insane 😮
Thanks for the Link,
It just a pity that there isn't a on road track with in a 1000 kilometres of where I live

Last edited:
I'd save a little bit of money buying them in the USA
Taylor RC $388 Australian dollar's
Kilowatt in USA $353 Australian dollars
That's with out shipping costs
I love those bright green rim's

I picked up a set of the belted Street Sweepers and zero grow foams. Going to try them on a LT 45 I am switching to electric. See if they hold up to 12s. Waiting on some other parts to finish it.

Yeah they should take the punishment
The zero growth forms are good but heavy, on the plus side more weight down low make's it harder to roll the car
I'm thinking about going electric for my next rig 😉

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks