new to me 5ive

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

enzo3856

A buddy of mine passed me this 5ive he got in a bulk deal... Looking to either sell it for him and get a commission or buy it off him....

Anyways, I did a look over and it looks pretty clean and not abused
Am guessing it is a 1.0 ?
I did notice one weird thing:
IMG_20230723_143544.jpg
IMG_20230723_143526.jpg

its like a zip tie was lodged under the bell crank/servo saver
Guessing that is not normal?

Everything else looks pretty good:
IMG_20230723_142833.jpgIMG_20230723_142918.jpg
IMG_20230723_142847.jpgIMG_20230723_142929.jpg

i'd say the zip tie has been put there cos the previous owner had an issue with the saver tension nut backing off fella (y),
sort of jam a zip tie under it and it cant back out,
Is that a normal "solution" ??

No it is not, the right way is to take it apart and identify what is the issue. What did he want for it price wise? Also see if the arms are warped, I bought a v1 and I had a rear arm that was no longer straight.

No it is not, the right way is to take it apart and identify what is the issue. What did he want for it price wise? Also see if the arms are warped, I bought a v1 and I had a rear arm that was no longer straight.
I have looked on marketplace... here in canada I think the avg ask price is about $1100 - 1200 (canadian)... not sure if they are actually selling at that price...
I was thinking of also listing my DBXL (v1 gas) for $900....

A couple more questions...
What's this thing on the tank?
And are all v1 or all 5T having cut out baseplates?
IMG_20230726_181327.jpgIMG_20230726_181320.jpg

So on the v1 and v1.5 that black piece sticking out of the tank is a vent, they went to a vented cap on the 2.0.

Yes all losi 5ive chassis are milled like that, I would assume they did it to reduce some weight and give it an appealing look.

Also seeing that dynamite sticker on the engine that should be a 29cc which makes that rig a v1.5 and not the v1.

So on the v1 and v1.5 that black piece sticking out of the tank is a vent, they went to a vented cap on the 2.0.

Yes all losi 5ive chassis are milled like that, I would assume they did it to reduce some weight and give it an appealing look.

Also seeing that dynamite sticker on the engine that should be a 29cc which makes that rig a v1.5 and not the v1.
It’s awesome to have people in the group that know their stuff.

Thanks again for all the input...

I put in a kill switch and my receiver yesterday and took it for a spin...

so #1, I am missing not having a tuned pipe... I can imagine this would rip a little better with a proper pipe instead of the stock can.
#2 - much better planted than a baja 5B... not sure which I prefer??
#3 - did I mention how stable this thing is, out of the box ?!?! so nice to drive
#4 - 4wd affects steering... had to learn to use brakes to load the front and then turn for better corners

#5 - always have a kill switch...
So, i do not have the battery tray door, so I secured my battery with a velcro strap. Shortly after a flip over, I turn the truck back, start driving and it dies (thank you killer bee)... When I approach the truck I noticed no steering or throttle and notice battery has been ejected....
I spent an hour at dusk looking for the battery in medium length grass.... it could not have been far from the car since the kill switch killed the motor right away... but for the life of me, I could not find it...
Now I am out $50...
going to go try and look again after lunch with proper sunlight

Question:
I hear the 5t is pretty solid out of the box... But is there any upgrade that is "mandatory" out of the box? what are the break points or weak points?
keeping an eye on marketplace for a cheap used pipe

Also, do you guys clip the body on, or kind of hope it stays put?

Back