OBR / Taylor?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tizdaz

Hi guys

So im on the hunt for a better engine, atm im using a stock G320 + olimat pipe in my DBXL 2.0. But it seems to be lacking power (prob because of extra weight with my alloy upgrades!) so i want something with more poke.

At first i was leaning towards the Taylor35 but after watching lots (and lots!) of vids, it seems the OBR Signature series looks much more powerful!?

So is the OBR SS a better choice, how reliable is the OBR? Ive been into largescale for many years, but believe it or not ive NEVER owned a modded engine, ive always had stock zenoahs (G260/290) as ive always had 2 wheel drive so never had the need for modded engines, but now i do!

OBR seem to have 2 choices, the G320 & the G340? it seems they both fit the DBXL 2.0 as you select which model you have during checkout for the correct mount im guessing. So which would be best as the price are are pretty much the same?

This is the one i was looking at: https://oneillbrothers.com/collecti...cc-reed-case-engine-with-v2-reed-valve-design

but they also have this one:
https://oneillbrothers.com/collections/rc-car-engines/products/6329-signature-series-g340

And would i need to upgrade all my drive shafts? because afaik there isnt any upgraded shafts available yet for the 2.0 Gas?

Any info much appreciated, thanks :)

Go for OBR or ESP Imo, I've had two OBR ones, 30.5, and a 34 reed and they are good motors. They are also much cheaper than Taylor and from the loosk of it, the 35 doesn't make any more power then them, maybe even less.
Not sure if I'd bother with the sig series as Idk if they actually make that much more power to justify the added cost, could be wrong though

I have obr g340 reed SS...it's no miracle. taylor is better quality than obr and esp . I personally don't have taylor 35. But those who have it say that it is stronger and faster. and at the sprints taylor 35 won over 34 reed ss ... if I'm not mistaken, the t35 is better ... besides, as I've convinced myself, obr does not give any guarantee for faulty engines ....

I would send oneil bros an email and see what they say. i would look into how much hp they both put out. make sure to ask if the truck can handle the increased power. i talked with them and they said for my dbxl 8hp was the limit before you start breaking the driveline. that motor might be 10+ hp

I would send oneil bros an email and see what they say. i would look into how much hp they both put out. make sure to ask if the truck can handle the increased power. i talked with them and they said for my dbxl 8hp was the limit before you start breaking the driveline. that motor might be 10+ hp
good advice.

many of the oneil bros motors have hp ratings on their pages, like this -

https://oneillbrothers.com/collecti...-7hp-full-mod-zenoah-g320rc-31-8cc-long-block

also oneil bros will tell you the hp of any of their engines if you ask. and i'm aware some hp quotes may be innacurate, but i do think they give you some idea. also sometimes they're actually true and you can trust.
There was a informal dyno session from a pipe maker with several zen based engines. Let's just say the 9-10 hp was extremely optimistic from any of the 32/34 cc engines tested....

ok ive spoke ot taylor rc regarding the V2 35, heres what he said:

"we have two new versions coming, i would strongly advise waiting, they aren't just small improvements, we are going to totally change the small block game

There will be a V2 piston port and V2 reed engine released, cant give exact time, im waiting on my casters, but i hope no more than 4-6 weeks
"

So think im going to wait, whats the adv/disadvantages of piston port vs reed?

cheers

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks