RR5 Max Rolling Chassis Ultimate, Fast build for racing at Rocky Hill Raceway NH next weekend!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Without some sort of live feedback you're just shooting in the dark. Really even for hot temps an 1/8 turn would be a lot. If it is high temps it would also effect the low needle setting as well, which would effect transition to the high speed needle. It all works together. Can't recall what the percent of needle overlap is, but its pretty small if you're tuned right to the edge of performance. I'd proceed with caution.

You should be asking what don’t I have lol😂, actually the only thing I have no spares is the diffs, but they are bulletproof, especially since I shimmed them out and clearances them. It’s the front shocks and front cvd’s that I’m always concerned about, but I think I have that sorted now with the MOD straps and giving more clearance for the shock piston at full bottom extension. I’ve done a lot of work to the CVD’s to get them looser, boring and polishing everything and adding a hole in the drive to grease them from the wheel side. My latest MCD shipment is in the US waiting to clear customs with those MCD 190 rims and tires plus a bunch of spare, but today the Chasers showed up with the losi rims so doing a dry fit of everything to see what else I’m going to need to run the 190’s.
A friend who had an MCD but not racing it is also bringing with him all his MCD parts for us to have on hand, I’ll probably buy everything he has at some point. He already sent me the parts list to see what 3k in parts is LolIMG_7184.jpegIMG_7183.jpeg

Okay we got a work around, One of the hub set’s that I bought were the HPI 24x27mm hubs that also uses the MCD thread which I wanted to stay with. We did some work on them, being the original pin size was 4 mm on these hub’s, we were able to offset bore it to 5mm and get it perfectly aligned to the shaft. We also turned down the hub to the original size of the mcd and we now have one set for one of the cars ready.
IMG_7206.jpegIMG_7205.jpeg
IMG_7207.jpeg

Okay update for hubs for running losi rims on mcd. Even though I was able to mod the HPI’s
We found a set of hubs that fit the mcd right out of the package, it’s the Vertigo Vekta hubs.
This is the way to go ! They do use the Coarse thread so losi style thread, the nuts I’m using are the Rovan D5 which has the same thread as a losi.
I like these nuts because of the aggressive serrating and the large face on the back of the nut, just like the real MCD nuts, actually the serrating is better than the MCD’s LOL😂👍
IMG_7211.jpeg
IMG_7210.jpeg

Last edited:
Okay, it’s time to get ready for ECN, tearing it down and going through it once againIMG_7213.jpeg
overkill on using this press for pressing in pins and bearings but, this is what I have that will be at the track for anyone that needs it!
IMG_7216.jpeg
Everything into the bath, I’m almost at the point I can remember where each bolt nut goes without looking at paperwork HA ha 😂
IMG_7219.jpeg

Working on the front today, ripped it apart found pill blocks took a beating and bent pin, note *** make sure you pack hinge pins and pill inserts LolIMG_7221.jpeg
top hinge pin holder has only had a few runs on it, pill Inserts are fine, spare setup Part. Bottom one has had about 2 races on it, pill inserts shot!😳

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks