Something is binding in drivetrain

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

javi83

Hello guys so I ended up installing a modified rc billet center diff mount and monster locker. Took it out for two runs but at the end of my second one it would slow down too fast as soon as I would get off the gas. Now I tried diagnosing what it was and noticed that when I let it go straight it would not bind up as much but a soon I turned left it something is binding and slows down I took out the motor and did the same I took the front center dog-bone out and rolled smooth then I put it back and removed the rear one and also rolled smoothly. The breaks are not resting on the rotors because I tried doing it with loose breaks. I wonder if could be the locker.

IMG_7179.jpeg

IMG_7180.jpeg

IMG_7181.jpeg

IMG_7182.jpeg
Hello guys so I ended up installing a modified rc billet center diff mount and monster locker. Took it out for two runs but at the end of my second one it would slow down too fast as soon as I would get off the gas. Now I tried diagnosing what it was and noticed that when I let it go straight it would not bind up as much but a soon I turned left it something is binding and slows down I took out the motor and did the same I took the front center dog-bone out and rolled smooth then I put it back and removed the rear one and also rolled smoothly. The breaks are not resting on the rotors because I tried doing it with loose breaks. I wonder if could be the locker.

IMG_7179.jpeg

IMG_7180.jpeg

IMG_7181.jpeg

IMG_7182.jpeg
Forgot to mention that its when I turn left it binds up only when both dog bones are in.

Last edited:
What's weight oils are you using in the front and rear diffs? Check your front cv shafts for binding, you may need to take them apart and clean them. I've seen that before that the rig binds up because the cv shafts can't rotate freely as they pivot

The front should be 20k and rear 60k I believe but I’m going to check that out

It's either gear mesh or brake disc's not tightened down evenly.
Also looks like maybe your brake linkage is too tight. Looking at it now I bet if you hold the gas down it won't bind

Okay now I noticed that going to try to flip them see if it solves it.
@javi83 your brake disc's are on backwards that's most likely your issue man. That's not the correct way their supposed to go, look at how mine sit.

View attachment 90497
There is no servo contacted to the breaks now and still does it going to open up the front diff housing see if anything weird is going on

Last edited:
The break/throttle servo were no longer connected on my last test so can’t can’t be that.

Not sure what others suggested cuz I didn't read each thread however if you mark the tires at 12:00 and then rotate the tires check and see if your gearing is watched front to rear.... I know when the crawler world we have different gearing in the front versus the rear

Back