Traxxas XRT with Castle XLX2 1100kv Gearing Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zxb466

LSF Plus Member
PLUS member
Hello Everyone,

I recently installed a Castle XLX2 and a Castle 1100kv motor in my Traxxas XRT. I want to run a MOD1.5 pinion and spur. Currently, my setup is MOD1 gears with a 34 tooth pinion and 50 tooth spur. What would be the MOD1.5 equivalent for that same or similar setup? Also not sure if this makes a major difference but I am running the larger X-Maxx tires on it. The reason I am asking is so I know what size gears to order that will both fit and work durably with the increase in power.IMG_1216.jpg

Last edited:
I ordered the 25/35 mod 1.5 that Vitavon sells. It was the closes I could get. I'm going to try this out, and if it doesn't work well, I'm going to get the 20/35 set. I will update here with how it goes.
I think I need to program my Futaba transmitter to not accelerate so fast and not give it 100% brakes because I think thats what kills these gears so quickly.

You can increase “punch control” in the castle software to soften the violent initial acceleration.
I did not know that. Thanks for letting me know. I will definitely have to do that lol. This motor is so powerful in this car.

Is there a similar type of setting for braking? So it doesn’t shred the gears every time I apply the brakes?

I did not know that. Thanks for letting me know. I will definitely have to do that lol. This motor is so powerful in this car.

Is there a similar type of setting for braking? So it doesn’t shred the gears every time I apply the brakes?
Yes there are three ways to change it.

1. Brake setting in ESC software
2. Brake mapping in ESC software
3. Brake setting on transmitter

Back