Traxxas XRT with Castle XLX2 1100kv Gearing Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zxb466

LSF Plus Member
PLUS member
Hello Everyone,

I recently installed a Castle XLX2 and a Castle 1100kv motor in my Traxxas XRT. I want to run a MOD1.5 pinion and spur. Currently, my setup is MOD1 gears with a 34 tooth pinion and 50 tooth spur. What would be the MOD1.5 equivalent for that same or similar setup? Also not sure if this makes a major difference but I am running the larger X-Maxx tires on it. The reason I am asking is so I know what size gears to order that will both fit and work durably with the increase in power.IMG_1216.jpg

Last edited:
I ordered the 25/35 mod 1.5 that Vitavon sells. It was the closes I could get. I'm going to try this out, and if it doesn't work well, I'm going to get the 20/35 set. I will update here with how it goes.
I think I need to program my Futaba transmitter to not accelerate so fast and not give it 100% brakes because I think thats what kills these gears so quickly.

You can increase “punch control” in the castle software to soften the violent initial acceleration.
I did not know that. Thanks for letting me know. I will definitely have to do that lol. This motor is so powerful in this car.

Is there a similar type of setting for braking? So it doesn’t shred the gears every time I apply the brakes?

I did not know that. Thanks for letting me know. I will definitely have to do that lol. This motor is so powerful in this car.

Is there a similar type of setting for braking? So it doesn’t shred the gears every time I apply the brakes?
Yes there are three ways to change it.

1. Brake setting in ESC software
2. Brake mapping in ESC software
3. Brake setting on transmitter

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks