What did you do to your Raminator today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cold day here so a good day in the shop.

I managed to get the axles in, and suspension done except for the sway bars. Just ran out of time.

Pulled out the stock rear axle and put another front assembly in the rear for 4 wheel steering. This meant I had to split the axle housing and flip the spoot. Also added the bushing on pinion shaft and added some Fast Eddys Grease inside while it was open.
Front axle out and split that in order to add the bushing there as well. And a little extra grease for good luck.
Next is sway bar links , brakes and electronics.

Attachments

• IMG_1950.jpeg
    IMG_1950.jpeg
    290.9 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1949.jpeg
    IMG_1949.jpeg
    283.5 KB · Views: 12
Well ; "FINALLY" I was able to get it wrapped up. Finished the rear steering and all the electrical. Had to pull the battery box and add another hole for the rear steer wiring, wrapped all the wires in loom to match the factory loom with some heat shrink on the ends, and I neatened up the box full of spaghetti.
Went through all the channels and set my trim and endpoints so I think it is ready to go.

I will do the first start with no body just to make sure everything is in order then can install the body. Happy the this is finally done!
No modifications yet, just bone stock other than adding a second set of shocks and the sway bar link ends I made to replace the ones with plastic rod ends.

IMG_1997.jpeg

IMG_1996.jpeg

IMG_1995.jpeg

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks