What was the first RC that you ever purchased?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't remember that far back. Haha. All the different RCs that places like Kmart and RadioShack had makes it hard for me to remember. I know my 1st hobby grade was an rc10 buggy.
Shoot if we're going non hobby grade then I couldn't say either. I know I had a corded "rc" car when I was really young but couldn't tell you what it was.

Radio Shack “Golden Arrow” that thing was awesome back then to me. It even held up to all the abuse I threw at it.

It wasn’t as cool as the Nitro vehicles I would dream about as a child walking by the “Hobby Shop” in the local mall but it was nice for my first. I’m 45 if that gives any reference to time period. Born in 1978.

Radio Shack “Golden Arrow” that thing was awesome back then to me. It even held up to all the abuse I threw at it.

It wasn’t as cool as the Nitro vehicles I would dream about as a child walking by the “Hobby Shop” in the local mall but it was nice for my first. I’m 45 if that gives any reference to time period. Born in 1978.
I owned one they were like the fastest thing to me until I got my first hobby grade rc

i was introduced to hobby grade so young I didn't play around with the toy grade so much. I do remember thinking the new bright cars were pretty cool tho, probably as good as it gets for toy grade, i did have a couple.
got my mgt 3.0 when i was like 5 or 6

My first toy rc was from sears, a ranger 4x4, still have it but it died a long time ago.
First hobby grade was the savage x 4.1! That got me hooked, then kyosho blizzard, then ....
Got so many now I can't keep track while counting. Lol

There is a Big Bear on e bay , actually a couple.
They are asking crazy money.

I need to round up mine.
Can't find my tires and wheels. Got everything else.

Someone has too much stuff.

That buggy was a kit? Talk about basic , lots of changes over the years.
It was a kit yes. My introduction to nitro and it was an absolute failure being 11 year's old and nobody to help me. Lol
That buggy came out around the time kyosho had their Vanning 1/8 scale buggy. It was a race championship winning car if I recall. The kyosho.

buggy-kyosho-integra-vanning-4wd.jpg

Kyosho Vanning - Overall Rear Left.jpg

Last edited:
My introduction to nitro and it was an absolute failure being 11 year's old and nobody to help me. Lol

This really made me think.
My first nitro was a Cox Dragster that ran on a string. It would run down a string with a "Y" tied at the end as sort of a brake system. before that "Y" there was a bead on the string that tripped a lever and shut it off and popped a parachute. I think it might have made 1 or 2 full passes. Like you no help and shooting from the hip.

A lot of years later and still playing with toys. LOL
Damn kid will never learn.

This really made me think.
My first nitro was a Cox Dragster that ran on a string. It would run down a string with a "Y" tied at the end as sort of a brake system. before that "Y" there was a bead on the string that tripped a lever and shut it off and popped a parachute. I think it might have made 1 or 2 full passes. Like you no help and shooting from the hip.

A lot of years later and still playing with toys. LOL
Damn kid will never learn.
I had a COX .049 dune buggy that you fired up and let it go. Lol. It wasn't fast. Had a worm gear drive if I remember right. You could lock it left, right or straight. Digging up some old memories here. I had a testors drag VW truck that we never got running.
The testor truck was the yellow version of this. You started it by spinning the one rubber slick. I had the challenger dragster too.

s-l400.jpg

s-l500.jpg

281286062_94e99fda-f387-4e33-bd40-a5d95a7df633.jpg

1_3f58944c9d067fbbafdce04d12decddd.jpg
This was that sand rail from cox and remote control Nissan gtp I had. It wasn't very fast but neat to run around on the concrete.
D70_3485-Edit.jpg

COX GTP Nissan Left Side.jpg

img58_01092008231206_1.jpg

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks