1/5 and 1/4 scale servos for baja 5b

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crazybajabuild

Hey guys, so i think i messed up.. But is there a way around this??
I ordered new hitec servos for my km baja 5t and it seems ordered the wrong size steering servo. What i bought was the 1/4 scale mega hitec 805bb servo and i meant to get a 1/5 so the servo wont fit. Is there a way around this? I know ive seen people running the hitec 805bb in there bajas, so how do they do it? Any help would be greatly appreciated..

Attachments

• received_247351509749071.jpeg
    received_247351509749071.jpeg
    89.9 KB · Views: 10
After more experimenting I was able to make the existing Mount work by just trimming a little bit this will get me by for now until I can get the right part. looks to be working fine everything lines up good we'll see how she lasts. I love how quiet these servos are. Im sure there are better choices out there but i didnt want to take any chances with the stock electronics.

Attachments

• 20200428_122120.jpg
    20200428_122120.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 15
  • 20200428_122123.jpg
    20200428_122123.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 15
After more experimenting I was able to make the existing Mount work by just trimming a little bit this will get me by for now until I can get the right part. looks to be working fine everything lines up good we'll see how she lasts. I love how quiet these servos are. Im sure there are better choices out there but i didnt want to take any chances with the stock electronics.

Is that a metal gear servo?

ideally u need this one
imo send it bak and get the proper one ?
if not u'll need sum sort of bracket/s i assum?
I like this mount.. Where can i get one
Is that a metal gear servo?
I actually just noticed it is not a metal gear servo, which is disappointing but i didnt check that so thats my fault. Its been a while since ive been into the hobby and i just wanted something better, so i must have forgot to check the most important spec but its only 40$ to my door. Im sure it will be for now. Thank you for bringing that up

I like this mount.. Where can i get one

I actually just noticed it is not a metal gear servo, which is disappointing but i didnt check that so thats my fault. Its been a while since ive been into the hobby and i just wanted something better, so i must have forgot to check the most important spec but its only 40$ to my door. Im sure it will be for now. Thank you for bringing that up

As long as the servo saver works an you don't take too much of a hard hit with the front wheels ,you should be ok
for a while ,however ,Hitec should sell an optional metal output horn gear for that ,or sometimes the others will enterchange ,
so you can check on the metal gear to put in your existing servo!...:cool:

I'm using the same servo in my DBXL as a throttle/brake servo. I'm pretty sure they are for 1/5 scale as it fit without any issues. It looks the exact same size as the rest of my 1/5 scale servo's. Hitec calls all their large scale servos quarter scale, but it's actually 1/5 as I don't think quarter scale is even an actual RC scale size. Maybe planes? I noticed that Hitec servos are generally a very tight fit, so I guess they are slightly larger? This servo has been around for ages and it's known to be a great budget reliable servo.

BTW, they are metal geared, but the only cons is they max out at 6V rating and they are analog, so no good for fast transfer refresh rates and for AVC (if you use that). I noticed it's quite slow which is why I use it only for throttle/brake.

Ok. Il have to look into getting a better servo for the steering. I only paid 35 for it so its not a huge loss.
Getting the baja ready for another engine install, wondering if there are any things i should be doing while the motor is out?
Im going to order the new carb insulator soon and other parts that im waiting on to get the engine complete. Has anyone ever had any heat problems with the billet insulator for the carb?

Oh god here we go. Yes and no. Yes some do, no some don't have heat soak issues. I just put one on my g320 when I ported it, as a stock insulator wasnt big enough to match the intake port when I was done. I haven't had any issues yet ? but theres all of like 4 tanks through it since rebuild.

Well i only heard it from one person. Thought id ask becsuse i wasnt sure if it would be better to buy the billet or the stock one. The g320 i got is a stock longblock. Not sure if i stated that earlier but i just want whats best for my engine

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks