1/5 scale choices - Losi or Armma?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Papabear_1972

I am shopping for a 1/5 scale RC as my next RC. I have boiled my choices down to two: the Losi DBXL-E 2.0 or a Armma 1/5 scale Kraton 4X4 8S BLX brushless speed monster truck RTR. I know that they are two totally different vehicles, but is the Losi worth the extra money? How would you describe the differences between the two vehicles? Keep in mind I am more of a racer and not a basher. I know that the Armma Kraton is designed for bashers, but is it a bad choice if you are not?

Papabear

I wouldnt get too excited for the dbxl-e as my neighbor has one and its been somewhat of a battle for him..his total run time since say April till now has been a total of 20 minutes due to constant failures.. the rig was good when it was brand new but a year later he blew pinion bearings in both diffs, destroyed ring and pinion gears when the bearings let loose. Stock tires are dog poop and the bearings are poop also bottom line a very narrow aftermarket which is all Chinese related garbage

Was aimed at Sean mostly abt that 10-12s stuff, I mean it will make u go zoom but now the most practical thing for off-road, best for asphalt speed runs. More than 8s will be an inconvenience unless u run 2 6s and will still be too incontollable

Was aimed at Sean mostly abt that 10-12s stuff, I mean it will make u go zoom but now the most practical thing for off-road, best for asphalt speed runs. More than 8s will be an inconvenience unless u run 2 6s and will still be too incontollable
If he's got the wallet to go fast off road then he had the money to make it reliable as well. We had a guy build a 12s vekta for speed runs, so it's more then possible for a dbxl. he gave us 2 crap off road platforms and says he doesn't bash he's more arrived about racing. The arma had known frame issues among other issues that off road racing will kill it quick. Every problem with the dbxl 2.0 either has a fix or was fixed when they went to the 2.0 platform. To make it fast it's gonna need 10 to 12s. 6 and 8s makes big 1/8 scales fly. But is not practical for heavier 1/5 scale rugs ( not that the Arma is a true 1/5 scale to begin with)

I am shopping for a 1/5 scale RC as my next RC. I have boiled my choices down to two: the Losi DBXL-E 2.0 or a Armma 1/5 scale Kraton 4X4 8S BLX brushless speed monster truck RTR. I know that they are two totally different vehicles, but is the Losi worth the extra money? How would you describe the differences between the two vehicles? Keep in mind I am more of a racer and not a basher. I know that the Armma Kraton is designed for bashers, but is it a bad choice if you are not?

Papabear
I own a DBXLE 2.0 and I actually love it. I did however replace the stock servo and got some mad max giant knob wheels/tires from DDM racing. After that, it is great. I love the way it handles and I love the way it flies through the air. I got a Fast Eddies bearing kit for around $20 but have not needed to put them in yet. If you do proper maintenance, you will notice that stuff generally does not explode. You get your bearings full of crap and don't maintain them then of course they will fail. For me, the DBXLE 2.0 is plenty fast enough with the stock 13t pinion. Can't compare it to the kraton, as I have only owned the 6s EXB version.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks