1107 carb question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So now that you have all this power, you need to get it to the ground and be manageable. Your probable running an 8k clutch spring. Which actually kicks in about 9500 rpm. This causes too much stress on the drive train and is unmanageable. I use a 6 k spring which engages sooner with more manageable power and easier on the drivetrain and faster, using stock gearing
I use 100,000 diff oil to make almost a full posi rear end, with a 2 degree anti squat brace to change the ackerman angle of the bottom A arms for increased traction too. On the upper rear arms I use the killer rc camber kit. Use the 13mm spacer to give you 1,5 degrees of camber for the full rear tires contact patch to the ground. I also use a 4 degree toe in hub. This thing steers straight and turns on a dime and is very fast. Im pushing about 7.5 hp and its a blasts, good luck

Yeah.. I’ve upgraded to a snapper clutch which makes it way more drivable imo... and pretty much did the same thing with my suspension... rear end wise I actually put In a spool.. which makes it for me more stable and more drivable once I learned how to use the right combo of brake and throttle lol I also just finished building a second open diff using TR diff saver case.. And just as an experiment packed it full of bearing grease which seems nice and stiff but does have a little give... before my rovan engine died it already had more power than any tire I’ve tryed could hold... wasn’t too bad until I added a silenced big bore victory side pipe... that added a tremendous about of low end and would and has obliterated 4 different sets of on road tires on a concrete driveway... even after gearing it up to a 18/56...so I can’t wait to finish the break in on the new mill and see what it can do for real...so far it sounds awesome idleing lol

Well on tank 2 of break in I had an unfortunate mishap... in the excitement of putting everything together I forgot to reinstall my crankcase outterwear cover... I realized it when I got 90% done and was like... oh it’ll be ok.. i’ll Go back and fix it after break in.... of course I knew better.. as I’m not new to this hobby but did it anyways and at the end of tank 2 I made 3 easy passes up my concrete driveway and apparently found the only rock out there and it destroyed my flywheel.. from the sound it made I thought I blew the new engine.. thankfully it only broke the flywheel.. in half.. as you can see... got her all fixed last night.. outerwears installed this time... stupid mistake on my part.. like I said.. I knew better.... but.. lol more updates to come as I get time

Attachments

• E2D706F5-DC04-4533-AFA4-BACBDC3A2E7D.jpeg
    E2D706F5-DC04-4533-AFA4-BACBDC3A2E7D.jpeg
    139 KB · Views: 2
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks