2 speed not shifting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dhirsty

Hi got 2 speed on but not shifting tryed changeing
The 2nd gear clutch round and still no shifting. I've got
The manule on here but it don't seem right the clutch seems
To be the wrong way round also I can't here it changing
The gears are 46/44 can any1 help and show pic of
Which way ur 2nd gear clutch is and how many turns out
To engagement too thanks people

If you remove your gears and look at the black shifting mechanism, there are 2 grub screw adjustments, one to lock it down on the shaft, the other to adjust your shift point.
Make sure the shift point adjustment is on the left side of the grub screw to lock down on the shaft.
As for the shift point adjustment, they all vary with each 2 speed, if your spring is too soft it may cause you to have to turn in the adjustment screw an extra half turn and vise versa.
Start your grub screw at flush with the shifter and give it 2 1/2 turns in from the top and work from there.
Shifting too early tighten down 1/2 turn at a time, shifting too late, loosen 1/2 turn up.
Also make sure the mechanism is tightened down well on the shaft, if this is loose, it will not let it engage to 2nd gear.
Also check your 2nd speed carrier to make sure you still have a shifting pin to catch the claw.

If none of this works, my fear is you bought a chinese knock off from ebay, they are pure garbage.

Good luck

Hi cheers I will take a look I had it in bits and couldn't remember
How it went bk also was tight in all the way then
2 turns out mayb that's why it any working. Will
Give it a go tomorrow and I'll let u know cheers again

Don't know mate I got mine ages ago from fg shop in London
Mine works now it was the 2nd gear round the wrong way
There is one on eBay for £49 it looks okay matey

do yourself a favor and stay away from them.
Besides the plastic spur gears are really crappy and will melt after just a few runs, the one way bearings are garbage as well, also shifting mechanism is terrible lol, also the layshaft is not hardened and after a couple runs, the mechanism just starts chewing away at the shaft causing it to just spin freely and now your unable to shift and this is all with the stroke of luck you getting that far with it..lol
Save your money.

well you can't based just on the stock pictures, because they probably used the real FG one for those..
But once it is in hand, it will be very clear which one you have.

Hi got 2 speed on but not shifting tryed changeing
The 2nd gear clutch round and still no shifting. I've got
The manule on here but it don't seem right the clutch seems
To be the wrong way round also I can't here it changing
The gears are 46/44 can any1 help and show pic of
Which way ur 2nd gear clutch is and how many turns out
To engagement too thanks people

Did you resolve your problem with the 2 speed.... i am having the same problem

mine is a metal two speed

when i look inside i can see that it is grabbing and shifting if you will but no sound at all... i can see the indent from the arm.

see pics

Attachments

• IMG_20120919_030401.jpg
    IMG_20120919_030401.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_20121021_114234.jpg
    IMG_20121021_114234.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_20121021_114248.jpg
    IMG_20121021_114248.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_20121021_114213.jpg
    IMG_20121021_114213.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 21
Hi yeah I did it looks like ur gears r quite close so u can't hear it changeing wen u ave them far apart u can here it. What number gears r u running 1st n 2nd mine r 46/44 so u carnt notice it changeing but if u have 48/44 u will hear it hopes this helps matey

Hi yeah I did it looks like ur gears r quite close so u can't hear it changeing wen u ave them far apart u can here it. What number gears r u running 1st n 2nd mine r 46/44 so u carnt notice it changeing but if u have 48/44 u will hear it hopes this helps matey
i am running 1st is 20/46 2nd is 48

Oh maybe u got Chinese copy they don't work..... I'll have ur metal gears of ya if u can't get it to work matey. Did u get them of eBay for £90 by any chance

Yeah u ant going to hear that change matey too b honest try abit bigger like mine it's gd all round fast of the line and gd topend

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks