2 speed transmission

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
no can't go to taller gears but will never need cause i found the km locker is alot taller than the clutched type like 40%.just looked around e-bay and the taller gears look like they might fit,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I know a lot of guys running the KM 2speeds & they all want to change out the gears. I will mention the KM locker to them, maybe it will good for them, thanks for the info, if you could, some pix plz.

as far as the gears the nylon one is fine after brutal high speed running.i sold three 2speed lockers and they are still going,,,, got them in pieces with a basic grinding on a couple parts to fix up +using differant bolts to make more H.D.it shifts hard as hell if adjusted correctly.tese are all over ebay for $130 but are they blueprinted at all?

Attachments

• smtrans.jpg
    smtrans.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 28
  • smtranss.jpg
    smtranss.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 27
I'm going to show my newbness here. What is the KM Locker and how does it differ from a 2 speed transmission??

the dif is the material that is used to engage second gear,the locker uses two metal pawls that come out through centrifugal force to catch two of four pins to INSTANTLY LOCK onto second gear.the clutch type uses two round graphite clutch shoes(like a vehicles drum brakes that come out thru the cen-force to start to grab the inside diameter of the drum.the dif is that there is 0 slipping on the locker as when those metal pawls spin out to smack those pins BAMN/DAMN!!!!! if you adjust the locker high, up come the wheels!the clutch type grabs after slipping alittle.so its not as hard,,,,,,,,,

I was doing some searching and could not find anyone selling the 2 speed locker. Is this something that is discontinued and will have to come up for sale on ebay before I can get one??

here is 2 speed locker.ebay# 201133654108. looks like 2nd gear pinion is modified.China takes 2 weeks-month.might want to try us.got mine u.s but can't find now,,,,,,,

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks