22T pinion on Losi 5ive T 2.0

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Picodogg

I eat DDM chocolate mints for breakfast
PLUS member
I’m going to put a 22T pinion in the 5T. It will also have a FS clutch with a 8k spring. Spur gear will be stock.

I know this will stress the engine a little more, but has anyone burned up an engine? Or any other advice related? Is there a temperature on the outside of the engine that I can shoot with a temp gun that would be the limit of where to give the thing a break?

I run a g340 esp race ported engine with a 22/62 and it rips. I reached 49mph on stock 5ive t tires with that combo. You need a good pipe and a full mod engine with atleast an 8k spring to pull that pinion.
There was a time when I said something along the lines of “What upgrades should I get for the 5ive T? But I’ve see @Rep732 ’s list and I don’t want to go that big.”

Silly me.

Attachments

• IMG_2670.jpeg
    IMG_2670.jpeg
    59.2 KB · Views: 3
@Picodogg I pretty much turned over every stone I had.

But it doesn't mean you need to do everything ive done. I wanted a fully modified 5ive without going the typical taylor route. A stock 5ive will handle a esp34 indefinitely.

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks