2s (8.4v %th scale steering servos choice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

strodedawg

Hello,
I am looking for a good steering servo for my 5th scale GTe project. It needs to be run off 8.4V, off of the MAX4 BEC, don't want to do extra lipos and BECs just to save weight.

here are some of the choices I have narrowed it down to:

78KG HV 0.082Sec High Speed Brushless Waterproof 1/5 Servo (A280BHMW)

Powerhobby 1512MG 1/5 Aluminum Waterproof High Speed / Torque Brushless Servo

RS2500 V2 1/5 INSANE TORQUE SERVO
and lastly

HobbyStar HS-6912HV Brutal-Torque Large-Scale Digital Servo​

First two I beleive are exactly the same just rebranded, Hobbystar has a great price point and all good reviews. The RS2500 V2 runs of 8.4V but i believe needs an external BEC. Reefs makes one but the price tag is a little steeper than I want. It will just be for racing not bashing.

Anyone have any experience with these servos? good or bad doesn't matter. AGFRC has mixed reviews that they are great but fail at least the 8th scale servos.

any input would be appreciated

Thanks
Jim

First two you posted are just rebranded AGFRC. Reefs 1/5 servos are as well FYI.. just with a huge price increase due to the name. AGFRC are good servos, seem to get good reviews.

Some of the budget servos don't always keep center well. If you're building a 1/5 onroad GT car I'd get a decent servo for it so you know it'll center properly.

NSDRC are great, I actually am a dealer for them. The company is in southern California but they are made in china like most servos. They are not rebranded stuff though, they are made to custom spec and not manufactured by AGFRC like a lot of other servos. They don't need an external BEC, they just take direct power. So basically you would need to make an adaptor to pull power from the receiver (provided by Max4 BEC) or use a voltage regulator to pull power from the main battery packs. I've set them up to run off of the receiver before, I could make an adaptor for you if you needed one and decided to go this route.

There is a new NSDRC low profile 1/5 servo coming that might be perfect for your onroad build, not sure how soon you need it but it should be getting announced here in a couple weeks.

thank you for the replies but I already purchased the power hobby servo, in the future I would like to try NASDRC servos. bought them about a week before your post

First two you posted are just rebranded AGFRC. Reefs 1/5 servos are as well FYI.. just with a huge price increase due to the name. AGFRC are good servos, seem to get good reviews.

Some of the budget servos don't always keep center well. If you're building a 1/5 onroad GT car I'd get a decent servo for it so you know it'll center properly.

NSDRC are great, I actually am a dealer for them. The company is in southern California but they are made in china like most servos. They are not rebranded stuff though, they are made to custom spec and not manufactured by AGFRC like a lot of other servos. They don't need an external BEC, they just take direct power. So basically you would need to make an adaptor to pull power from the receiver (provided by Max4 BEC) or use a voltage regulator to pull power from the main battery packs. I've set them up to run off of the receiver before, I could make an adaptor for you if you needed one and decided to go this route.

There is a new NSDRC low profile 1/5 servo coming that might be perfect for your onroad build, not sure how soon you need it but it should be getting announced here in a couple weeks.
Is this the servo company you are referring to?

nsdrcscaleparts

I think I’m to late on this one but if your only running 2s to your servo my recommendation would have been the Holmes hobbies. It beats out the NSDRC in stats and performance. NSDRC is a direct power servo though so you will need to do some soldering. If you run more than 2s direct power to a NSDRC then it wakes up. I’ve ran them all in my crawlers and bashers. Im a huge fan of Holmes hobbies though.

I think I’m to late on this one but if your only running 2s to your servo my recommendation would have been the Holmes hobbies. It beats out the NSDRC in stats and performance. NSDRC is a direct power servo though so you will need to do some soldering. If you run more than 2s direct power to a NSDRC then it wakes up. I’ve ran them all in my crawlers and bashers. Im a huge fan of Holmes hobbies though.
They do offer some in non direct power, but I’m not sure if the large scale stuff is direct power or not.

AGFRC 78kg for me has been excellent, Pricey, but worth every penny so far, Head & Shoulders above the Savox 0241MG & Hitec D845WP i tried in terms of speed/torque. I use the Savox now for my throttle/brake which works great, but for steering, the Savox didnt cut it at all, prob because my dibby is heavy, but the AGFRC makes it no issues ;)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks