32cc engine will not start

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisBlue233

Hello All,

I have a 32cc cy engine and I have driven my 1/5th scale twice since I’ve had it. I run it on 91 octane gas mixed 32:1 with Royal Purple 2 stroke oil. I recently installed a kill switch on it and wired it into the 3rd channel so I can kill it from my controller on command. I thought at first it wasn’t starting because of the kill switch but I took out the spark plug and it was sparking when I tested it so I know it’s getting spark. I know it has good compression so I’m starting to think it’s the carb as it sat for 3 weeks without being used. The air filter is also clean. How should I clean the carb and is there any aftermarket carbs that are better than the stock cy one? Right now it’s being more finicky than my nitro engine that’s had 7 gallons of fuel put through it already lol.

Hello All,

I have a 32cc cy engine and I have driven my 1/5th scale twice since I’ve had it. I run it on 91 octane gas mixed 32:1 with Royal Purple 2 stroke oil. I recently installed a kill switch on it and wired it into the 3rd channel so I can kill it from my controller on command. I thought at first it wasn’t starting because of the kill switch but I took out the spark plug and it was sparking when I tested it so I know it’s getting spark. I know it has good compression so I’m starting to think it’s the carb as it sat for 3 weeks without being used. The air filter is also clean. How should I clean the carb and is there any aftermarket carbs that are better than the stock cy one? Right now it’s being more finicky than my nitro engine that’s had 7 gallons of fuel put through it already lol.
I don't think 3 weeks will gum up your carb . I've let mine sit for 3 weeks and no issues. Reset the carb needles and go from there. If the carb indeed is screwed up, you can clean it (I've never done it, so I cant give any advice on that) or get a new carb (walbro 1107 is a good choice).

Maybe you should re gap the coil??
Is you prime bulb full? Have you inspected the fuel lines?‍♂️ what condition is the the fuel filter ?‍♂️ is the carb on with no air leaks?‍♂️

I gapped it to .027 before I put it in. The prime bulb is completely full and the fuel filter is still clean. I’ll have to check it for air leaks but it ran perfectly fine before I left it for a few weeks. Even with the choke on and the primer bulb full it has no sign of wanting to turn over.
Even with the throttle opened up more it still doesn’t want to and I check it again it’s still getting a nice spark.

I gapped it to .027 before I put it in. The prime bulb is completely full and the fuel filter is still clean. I’ll have to check it for air leaks but it ran perfectly fine before I left it for a few weeks. Even with the choke on and the primer bulb full it has no sign of wanting to turn over.
Even with the throttle opened up more it still doesn’t want to and I check it again it’s still getting a nice spark.
How do you gap a coil before installing it?

Even though the plug shows spark, pop in a new plug and see what happens. I had the same problem when I first got my Losi 5T 2.0. You start running them rich for break in but the plug gets oil fouled. Also check you carb bolts are tight, even a little loose and it won't run right.

I’m going to try spraying some carb cleaner into it and see what happens. Just seems like it isn’t getting any fuel. I will let you know what happens.

It could be a leaky bottom end ,should fire if you put a few drops of fuel in the spark plug hole!...:unsure:

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks