3d Printing parts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

enzo3856

My buddy lent me his 3d printer, so I have been busy...
IMG_20220426_162547.jpg

Designed some mud guards and a roof guard... I got the idea for the roof guard off ebay... so I designed it and printed up:

IMG_20220426_162942.jpg

For anyone wondering why the roof guard... I finally took the dbxl out for her maiden run.. after a couple tumbles the roof came undone right at that screw in the pic... screw was in place, the roof just tore a bit around the hole... This should hold it in place a bit better.

Will post pics of the mud guards once I get the rear off and get them attached

My son keeps telling me I need to invest in one..but I am pretty computer illiterate. How easy are they to set up and run programs to print of those? With some scale work I am doing on a few of my e-rigs..would be interested for sure.

My son keeps telling me I need to invest in one..but I am pretty computer illiterate. How easy are they to set up and run programs to print of those? With some scale work I am doing on a few of my e-rigs..would be interested for sure.
setting up is not hard...
if you are already working on a 1/5 you are already mechanically inclined... lots of youtube videos to help set up the specific unit you get also.
the website "thingyverse" has a lot of free models to choose from... if you find something there, then you just import the design into a program that creates a print file... copy that to a memory card and plug into the machine.

Looks cool @enzo3856 (y)I'm gonna be ordering a cnc router in the near future, did you happen to use Fusion360 to create these? I really need to learn how to work that program.
Yes, I am using Fusion 360....
I had taken a SolidWorks beginners course 10+ years ago, so I kind of remembered the main concepts... Its a popular program so I am finding lots of help on youtube.
I just discovered yesterday, Fusion keeps a little timeline of what you have done in the bottom corner... and it lets you jump back into any given point and add features to your design.. its really cool...

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks