5T 2.0 diff fluids?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rgarbarino

I was working on the truck this weekend installing the Modified RC center diff mount and monster locker. After doing lots of research while waiting for all the parts I'm thinking I may not want to run the locker. I mostly bash, don't race which I have heard is a good purpose for the locker (racers don't really use lockers). But there is a track close but that I can run on for fun too. I'm not really liking the idea of having parts wear or break faster than necessary just because of the locker.

So, I need to put the stock center diff back together. The manual says 15,000CS oil. Would it be best to use the same stock oil? Go a little heavier? maybe 30,000CS? Need advice here.

Also, what's the different between oils listed as CS and CST?

Imo ditch that locker. Any of the higher weight diff fluids will act darn close to a locker but have some give. I run 500k in my center diff. Front and rear diff I would reccomend something in the 50k to 100k range. I think right now I have 50k in the front and rear diffs.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks