80cc Fuel Injected 1/5 ? Could happen !!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Polar_Bus

No more wasted time tuning, yank the pull start, and yer off to the races making full power ! Much less chance for melting and engine from too lean of a tune ! Someone has to figure out how to fit one of these to a Baja ! LOL

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

No more wasted time tuning, yank the pull start, and yer off to the races making full power ! Much less chance for melting and engine from too lean of a tune ! Someone has to figure out how to fit one of these to a Baja ! LOL

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Stop giving me more ideas ??

Last edited:
Also curious question, what does ur name mean?

Back in the late 1990's I was heavily involved in Snowmobiling. I had bought myself a really nice almost new 1998 Polaris XC700 , When I took delivery from the dealership the salesmen commented to me as I was ready to leave "welcome to the Polar Bus club" (I guess "Polar Bus" is a nickname for Polaris snowmobiles. My first ever internet forum I joined was " Rec Sport Snowmobiles" and the name has kinda stuck since.

Back in the late 1990's I was heavily involved in Snowmobiling. I had bought myself a really nice almost new 1998 Polaris XC700 , When I took delivery from the dealership the salesmen commented to me as I was ready to leave "welcome to the Polar Bus club" (I guess "Polar Bus" is a nickname for Polaris snowmobiles. My first ever internet forum I joined was " Rec Sport Snowmobiles" and the name has kinda stuck since.
Ahh ok ? makes sense

Hmmmm , a lot more to go wrong. But then again there will be re-mapping too.
J

2 stroke "batteryless EFI" has been around since about 2006. Artic Cat , Sea-Doo / Ski-Doo and Evinrude have been using it with excellent reliability. Yes more complicated , more electronics , BUT the benefits of ideal fuel management and top tune would be SO worth the trade off of the added expense and some extra weight.

2 stroke "batteryless EFI" has been around since about 2006. Artic Cat , Sea-Doo / Ski-Doo and Evinrude have been using it with excellent reliability. Yes more complicated , more electronics , BUT the benefits of ideal fuel management and top tune would be SO worth the trade off of the added expense and some extra weight.
Question, how would this correct your fuel ratio based on weather and all of that? Especially if u have a custom engine?

Husqvarna has had an auto tune carb ot for years now. Stihl was late to the game. So it makes sense they came out with a full on EFI system. Like polar said this tech has been out for years and years now. As a need for any EFI system there are undoubtedly a few sensors in the system for feedback to keep it running right. At best this system is a few years out from the rc world retrofitting it to our engines. I'm sure there will be bugs that need worked out with the system. And at least for a wile if not indefinatly stihl has always been a bugger to get literature from. I would assume the software needed to play with this system will only be available to stihl dealers for a long time. But it is a great idea!

Question, how would this correct your fuel ratio based on weather and all of that? Especially if u have a custom engine?

There's 2 types of EFI systems. "Open loop" and "closed loop". Basically "open loop" uses minimal air flow and multiple temp sensors to regulate the air fuel mixture, works excellent, but not "perfect". The "closed loop" system uses all the above mentioned sensors AND uses O2 sensor(s) to monitor your exhaust gas temps. This is more precise (bit more hp, better throttle response , better fuel economy) but is more complicated with electronics and sensors (more expensive).
One for the too hard basket for me o_O

Not really. I can tune my Harley open loop EFI with my aftermarket Power Commander ECU module right from my laptop. It's fairly easy to understand as long as you have a solid fundamental understanding of engine tuning causes and effects. But the best way to reap the power potential is to have a professional tuner with a dyno (which I ended up doing).

Last edited:
There's 2 types of EFI systems. "Open loop" and "closed loop". Basically "open loop" uses minimal air flow and multiple temp sensors to regulate the air fuel mixture, works excellent, but not "perfect". The "closed loop" system uses all the above mentioned sensors AND uses O2 sensor(s) to monitor your exhaust gas temps. This is more precise (bit more hp, better throttle response , better fuel economy) but is more complicated with electronics and sensors (more expensive).

Not really. I can tune my Harley open loop EFI with my aftermarket Power Commander ECU module right from my laptop. It's fairly easy to understand as long as you have a solid fundamental understanding of engine tuning causes and effects. But the best way to reap the power potential is to have a professional tuner with a dyno (which I ended up doing).
Okay. Sounds like a challenge but definitely possible.

I haven't really searched it out. What ever happened to the Losi that was coming from the factory with fuel injection on it? I guess it flopped since we never hear of it anymore?

I was under the impression chainsaw EFI has been around for a while, but apparently it's new to the market.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks