a new build started

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those have great tourque and hopefully Hitec will come out with a metal upgrade but make sure you make some type of saver or it might snap the tops right off the plastic horn.

i haven't worked on it for a few days. a bought a boat trailer striped it and abuilt a frame for it. going to be done the welding tonight then i have to start the floar and walls for it. was in a hurry to get the trailer done first cause of the cold weather coming, i want to atleast get it done with sealer on it then maybe paint it in the spring as my garage isn't quite big enough. once thats done then i can continue the other build. will keep up dates when i start it again.

This is cool. We were working on one but bud got side tracked with his real truck. We were setting up dual servos too, but going to use the old leaky firehammer shocks with internal and external springs. One shock per servo and it'd act like a servo saver. The nitro and electric 1/5 bikes use a system kinda like that. fill that leaky shock with thick dif oil it'll be ok.

hey thats a good idea, i didn't think about using shocks as servo savers. what works better for leaky shocks thou is all perpose grease. i put it in my mini shocks that i use for my ski's for my 1/5 scale. they feel like 80w oil i guess. those were unfinished but now they are.

Attachments

• SANY0227.jpg
    SANY0227.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 12
Just got a call from the quad owner. he is selling the project to me. so we can brainstorm together now. I will try and grab it today/tonight. $80 incl the servos. The arms he made are sweet. he welded U's with hind joints so it has independant suspension. Then welded the extra tubes cut off to make a frame. I have a set of LST shocks to play with sitting here too.

it's here
http://forums.rcpitstop.com/index.php?topic=14529.0

that one looks different. mine came with independent suspension in the front and the rearend adjusts different. i got mine brand new. it came from the factory with a pooched motor so i got it for a fraction of the price. going to get started on it again, had a delay, my brakes on my car went pop. so i've had the car in the garadge for the past couple of days fixing them. now there done and now i can start again on the project.

Just got a call from the quad owner. he is selling the project to me. so we can brainstorm together now. I will try and grab it today/tonight. $80 incl the servos. The arms he made are sweet. he welded U's with hind joints so it has independant suspension. Then welded the extra tubes cut off to make a frame. I have a set of LST shocks to play with sitting here too.

it's here
http://forums.rcpitstop.com/index.php?topic=14529.0

yours looks cool ;)

you guna start your own thread on the build????????

i think i'm going to keep them. but the shocks are going to be changed. these ones are way to stiff, there made for a rider so i'm going to try to put my old 1/5 scale shocks on it. they're just as long and the springs on them were too stiff for the 1/5 scale so maybe good for this one. not sure yet witch carb i'm going to put on the motor, i have the carb that came with the motor witch was a slide barrel or i have a butterfly carb like the ones on a 1/5 scale, only this one is made for a 49cc.

ya, he called yesterday. I'll start my own thread too once it's here. I think I had started one but haven't seen him for a bit. now he wants to sell it to me. I was going to buy a new one but this works too. getting my newbrite hummer body back to fit, though another friend said he had a couple newbrites if I wanted one, jeep and full hummer

the power wheels truck hood fits perfectly. find an old power wheels vehicle and there you go. going to lower it about 4 or 5 inch.

Attachments

• SANY0294.jpg
    SANY0294.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 10
Ya that looks so sweet. I know where there is a power wheels for sale too for $15. maybe should drive over there tonight and grab it... drivetrain is hooped but I just need the body. I am sold ;)

i'm hoping to have it ready for a test soon. i just got all 3 brakes working tonight. now i have to weld the brackets up since i just had them tacked on and then put the motor back in and make a bracket for the throtle servo. will post the vid off the brakes soon.

comin on great now bud ;)

should look mint with the shell lowered, are you taking the mud gaurds off the front wheels? i think it would look loads beta if you did ---- just my opinion though mate :)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks