About done with king motor..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

britton95

I have tried every possible solution on why i cant get it to start. i had it going real good yesterday. now this morining it doesn't even want to try to start. i replaced the spark plug checked the insulation. checked the air filter. checked the pull start. played with the carb. and not even a sputter... im really just about ready to put it on ebay...:mad:

check the gap on the flywheel should be a buisiness card thickness......if you wanna sell it hit me up with prices an pics

take off the pullstart and the engine cover, The flywheel and the coil pack should have a buisiness card thickness gap between them for proper spark.

I have tried every possible solution on why i cant get it to start. i had it going real good yesterday. now this morining it doesn't even want to try to start. i replaced the spark plug checked the insulation. checked the air filter. checked the pull start. played with the carb. and not even a sputter... im really just about ready to put it on ebay...:mad:
i have a ps3 with a bunch of games i'll if your looking to trade for something like that

Before you do or listen to anyone - sit back, have a beer/cup of tea and tell us ...

When your engine stopped playing
What you were doing

and what engine it is.

if you had done anything with fuel system, like new lines etc... it can happen that you get the pickup line connected to wrong carb port, it happened to me when i changed my lines out, was so puzzeled as to why it wouldnt fire up. then traced the lines from carb back into tank and discovered i had the inlet line on wrong carb port. swapped them and it fired right up.

also it may sound stupid, but have to ask, did you prime the carb with the bulb? pressing it repeatedly till fuel is to carb? did you choke the carb on first pull or two? take choke off it it tried to fire?

i know it sounds stupid to ask, but things like this do happen.

pull the plug stick it in the plug cap hold it to engine metal and pull rope look for spark. thats another check you can do .

it could be time for a rebuild of the motor ? its no big thing but maybe try a new carb first don,t bother with another k,m one get a wallbro .

yah i agree, even tho so far ive had no probs out of mine, if you wanna try a new carb get a walbro, not a km one. thats what i intend to do if my carb ever goes screwey on me.

I know I may seem like a crazy but you can ask others but I bet it's his plug wire. In the past week or two, I have helped about 5 locals with there bajas not running and all of them turned out to be a plug wire. A very simple fix since I have a roll of 7mm accel super stock copper core wire, which is what you want for a magneto ignition. I firmly believe after a killer bee this should be the next upgrade everyone should do. Km as well as zen and cy uses a spring wire terminal which is just junk. One good roll and you have a bad connection and the car will just die randomly. I am going to sell these wires cheaper then you can buy one for $10 usd shipped anywhere in US and Canada. 15usd to the Uk. Or go to your parts store and get a accel 7mm copper core replacement wire which will get you going fast.

now if im not mistaken did'nt Killer rc recommend a ressistor wire when using the killer bee's? for better RFI/EMI supression , a solid copper wire wouldn't supress RFI/EMI, to help reduce any trace interferece from the plug/wire causing the killer bee to cut out all of the sudden.
i may be wrong but i think i remember reading that on a posting

I have the new super bee and didnt read that anywhere. Might be true. But the oem wire is 6mm. From my exp. the resistor in the plug is all that is needed. I belive that killer rc rec. the resister plug and thats it. But i might be wrong but I haven't had any problems.

If you want surpersion i can add a resistor to the terminal. Nkg makes a resistor terminal and boot but it would cost $2 more To install.

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks