After Wash Spray

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A cheaper alternative to Pam is to buy a 4 liter jug of Canola oil and a $2.00 spray bottle. Fill up the bottle and spray away...EXACTLY the same thing as Pam, and under $10 will get you enough to last for 3 or 4 years

If people are concerned about rust after washing another alternative is to use a high quality gun oil in an aerosol form. The problem with vegetable based oil products is after time they will start to gum up. Also Vegetable oil doesn't penetrate steel like a petroleum based oil. And silicone isn't a very good rust inhibitor.

Maybe I should clarify what I use vegatable oil or Pam for; NOT for lubricating anything...I spray the chassis before running in mud/wet sand...the veggie oil reduces the amount of crud that sticks to the belly, around the lower suspension components, etc,
After a mud run, I clean the lumps of crud off by hand, then spray everything down with Simple Green to get the junk off, and it will also cut through the canola oil and get it off. Then everything gets lubed with proper lube oil

Maybe I should clarify what I use vegatable oil or Pam for; NOT for lubricating anything...I spray the chassis before running in mud/wet sand...the veggie oil reduces the amount of crud that sticks to the belly, around the lower suspension components, etc,
After a mud run, I clean the lumps of crud off by hand, then spray everything down with Simple Green to get the junk off, and it will also cut through the canola oil and get it off. Then everything gets lubed with proper lube oil

thats what I was trying to say, thank you.

Yeah I knew what you were doing. I was talking about rust prevenative after washing down with water. Just wanted to make sure people wern't using Vegetable based oils as a rust preventer!!! Would turn into a sticky gooey mess after awhile.:lol: Dried out vegetable oil is one of the hardest things to get off. It turns into Keratin which is the stickiest adhesive like goo ever.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks