Air filter advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just oil the inner fella, that's what I do with mine.
I meant to put up a thread about this... I've been cooking my exhaust couplers on the baja and I was thinking, maybe I am oiling my filter too much. I spray both sides and soak in ziplock. The pre-filter is always greasy. Think I'm choking the engine?

Ah another what to oil debate. I oil both, In a zip lock bag, then toss a outterwears on. Never can have too much protection.
I meant to put up a thread about this... I've been cooking my exhaust couplers on the baja and I was thinking, maybe I am oiling my filter too much. I spray both sides and soak in ziplock. The pre-filter is always greasy. Think I'm choking the engine?
Exhaust couplers were put on this earth for one reason. To be replaced. The materials they are made out of art really made for the application we use them for. High heat and slobbered with splooge oil from running high oil ratios. Don't get too worked up about it and keep a spare on hand. If the engine runs good, I doubt your over oiling the filter.

Those silicone couplers are just silicone coolant hose cut to lengths and called exhaust couplers as well. Seeing lengths of them on the peterbilts I work on is common and they don't even last long holding back 210 degrees in the cooling system. Seans right make the best of it while it lasts and just keep some on hand

Ah another what to oil debate. I oil both, In a zip lock bag, then toss a outterwears on. Never can have too much protection.

Exhaust couplers were put on this earth for one reason. To be replaced. The materials they are made out of art really made for the application we use them for. High heat and slobbered with splooge oil from running high oil ratios. Don't get too worked up about it and keep a spare on hand. If the engine runs good, I doubt your over oiling the filter.

Glad to have you back!... Yeah I actually have been following what you said, zipock baggy and soak um.
Those silicone couplers are just silicone coolant hose cut to lengths and called exhaust couplers as well. Seeing lengths of them on the peterbilts I work on is common and they don't even last long holding back 210 degrees in the cooling system. Seans right make the best of it while it lasts and just keep some on hand

I have been meaning to order a coupe feet of it. Just have to get some time to chase down the right size.

Glad to have you back!... Yeah I actually have been following what you said, zipock baggy and soak um.

I have been meaning to order a coupe feet of it. Just have to get some time to chase down the right size.
Thanks... got put in the late shift at work so I have some free time to catch up.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks