Air Filter and Shock Dampeners

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arp35

Air Filter and Shock Piggy Back reservoirs

Hey,
I am new to the forum and recently purchased a KM 3.0 Baja. I have a couple of questions for the experts.
1. The air filter housing is the orange aluminum cage. I unscrewed the end and slid out the foam. I was kinda surprised to see that there is no inner cage to keep it from collapsing. Is the inner cage not necessary with the foam filter? It also came with another filter that is yellow and appears to be an inner/outer filter. I don't think it would fit well inside the aluminum housing. Is it just a left over from the old stock filter? Also, if the foam filter I pulled out doesn't need an internal cage, does it need foam oil?
2. The shocks have small reservoirs (piggy backs) at the top attached to the shock cap. It also has a small horizontal screw at the top. Is this screw for filling the shock reservoir? If not, do I still have to unscrew the shock caps to check the fluid? What is the purpose of the side reservoirs? Update: I searched around and found this info http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_7429197/anchors_7438456/mpage_1/key_/anchor/tm.htm#7438456
I am still not sure what the horizontal screw is used for though. Update 2: I found the answer to #2 here: http://www.hpibajaforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44641
I will leave the question up in case anyone else has the same question. Can anyone help me out with question #1?
Thanks in advance.
Alan

Last edited:
ur air filter needs the oil in it for timny particles to get caught up, and depending on setup, my T1000 KM had the internal support in the center, cause thats what the base of it attached to carb plate was for. prolly u need to post a pic of this air filter so we can better understand it

Thanks...I finally got a reply from Dan the seller. He explained that the type of air filter I have does not require the middle support. I oiled it up and took it out for a spin. It ran really well, no problems at all. The new KM 3.0 seems to be well made with a lot of upgraded parts. The only issue I had was that the upper aluminum shock mount was cracked at one of the bolt locations. Dan is sending me a replacement. The body also was cracked. Does anyone have a source of where you can buy inexpensive bodies that are more flexible? The KM body was cracked upon arrival and is very brittle.ShockMount.jpg

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks