Air Filter Oiling Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ive always just oiled the inner, then used an outerwears prefilter not oiled, then an outerwears cover, this was on my fgs and never had an issue, im still experementing with my dibby setup, at the mo dust is defo getting to the inner filter! Bit doesn't seem to be getting past that, but id rsther it doesn't get to that, im guessing the stock filter system on the dbxl 2.0 is poor compared to the fg!?

I have a cheap outerwear cover but it's too small,, maybe I just try cram it in any way.

You definitely want to trap the dirt as far away from the main element. I oiled my redneck pre filter and the inner. The oil takes up the space in the open cells of the foam to prevent dirt from going through them. Some say otherwise but that's my preference. Get a dt1 dome filter

Look for a triple foam element like the dt1 filter/ it's different look on ddm. Just need to get a velocity stack so you can use a clamp on filter.

Like this Filter?
I also have one of These, any opinions? I have a outer wear for this one.
I run in mainly dirt/dusty conditions. According to ddm it should be OK?

Last edited:
Cheers for your help. Just need to find an outerwear to fit properly now I think.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks