Air Intake/Filter Advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rhino52

Hello all. I’ve got a 5ive T on back order (due in July😡), and have started gathering some aftermarket mods/parts for its arrival. My first gas RC vehicle so trying to stick to basics right now. Olimat pipe (already ordered), outerwear covers (including shocks), and looking at intakes/filters. Looking for advice on factory w/outerwear vs Turtle Racing clamp on air box w/Bartolone v2 filter. Also paper vs foam filter pros and cons? Thanks in advance for advice…

Hello all. I’ve got a 5ive T on back order (due in July😡), and have started gathering some aftermarket mods/parts for its arrival. My first gas RC vehicle so trying to stick to basics right now. Olimat pipe (already ordered), outerwear covers (including shocks), and looking at intakes/filters. Looking for advice on factory w/outerwear vs Turtle Racing clamp on air box w/Bartolone v2 filter. Also paper vs foam filter pros and cons? Thanks in advance for advice…
I wouldn't use the spyder paper looking filters if in the dirt. They aren’t paper, but look like it. I used the factory TLR filter, with outerwears on it, for about a year. I recently installed the OBR velocity stack and DT1 filter. It was recommended by OBR and DDM for superior dirt retention to keep it out of your engine. I have an outwears on it as well.

https://www.ddmracing.com/DT1-Dome-Triple-Stage-Filter-for-Losi-5ive-DT1-2003

Last edited:
I use MOD with pantyhose and outerwear’s

View attachment 93018

View attachment 93019
I like that idea. I haven't seen these before. The removable outer layer is an excellent idea.
Mod and Bartolone air filters are the same I believe. But, you can buy just the outer filter or just the inner filter with MOD. I like that I can change just the outer filter quickly and multiple times without taking off the inner filter letting possibly dirt to get in track side. The last 3 day race I believe I only changed the outer one after it came off the track.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks