Alluminum wheels for vekta 5 ?

Relic-1

Has anybody had any issues with the alluminum wheels that are listed on ddm for the vekta 5 , I'm wanting to put together another set of tires n wheels , wondering about the bead locks on these , do they stay together , and what tires do people reccomend , thanx sooooooo much for your info

William E Burrows Jr

I have aluminum wheels on all my trucks. The Vekta 5 currently have the Maxxis tires mounted. You need the aluminum outer bead lock and re-use the inner plastic ones. No problems with the wheels to report and it's been a while. As far as recommending tires, I would stay away from the Maxxis tires for other reasons that I have posted on the forum.
Good Luck,
William E. Burrows Jr.

Relic-1

Cool to have the maxxis things for variety for sure but those issues you mention I'm loosing sleep over , in the middle of servoe decisions , have talked with you before over that ,just waiting for funds to do that , but I'm gonna put together some alloys with one of the Badlands styles , those really look like some dirt biters for sure, thanx for your input

Relic-1

Wow ! That looks like nothing but traction !! Is that the brand name of the tires ?
What do u think about one servoe with those ?

William E Burrows Jr

The only ones I use are the DDM - hh65x and hh655 wheels, you will also find the bead locks associated with the wheels.
Best Regards,
William E. Burrows Jr.
20180412_080415.jpg20180412_080442.jpg

Relic-1

DANG IT !! did not c this in time , wood have really been interested Dave's is out of hostile tires , do u no any other knobby like tires that fit those alloy spoked rims for the vekta !! HELP !

William E Burrows Jr

DANG IT !! did not c this in time , wood have really been interested Dave's is out of hostile tires , do u no any other knobby like tires that fit those alloy spoked rims for the vekta !! HELP !
I would call DDM and talk to Steve, he is the most informative.
Good Luck,
William E. Burrows Jr.