DBXL 2.0 Alternative fuel tank cap for DBXL 2.0

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hi buddy, i tried this fix but I'm still getting excessive leaks :( but was worth a try ;)

my FG tank didn't leak at all using stock cap etc (German engineering!!), i tried to see if the FG cap would fit on my 2.0 but it doesn't :( So ,im now looking for a solution, i think i may have to try one of these caps that have breather pipe coming from them!?

@tizdaz Can you check if majority of the fuel leak is through the vent hole or through the gap between the cap and the neck of the fuel tank? In my case, the leak was originally mostly through the vent hole. With the o-ring, it was reduced quite significantly. However, I still see some leak through the gap between the cap and the fuel tank neck. I think this is because the top of the neck is not sitting flush with the cap inner rubber gasket. I noticed that the top of the neck is a bit soft and flexible and this could result in improper sealing. I plan to file the top surface of the neck flat so that the rubber gasket will sit flush

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks