An engine for my Baja 5b

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Boombastic123

Hi guys so the time has come to strip down my rig and in addition why not change up the engine.. my budget is pretty low and looking for all round power and a small bore. Any recommendations would be much appreciated 👍

this will probably get said a fair bit mate,
zenoah g320 and a decent pipe (y),

that combo is telefantastic (y):LOL:
Lol I've already heard it a few times .. they look nippy on snotTube .. I've seen a few on there very quick. I have also seen a 34cc not sure on the make but it's very fast also on YouTube. I'll have to find the link for it.

Lol I've already heard it a few times .. they look nippy on snotTube .. I've seen a few on there very quick. I have also seen a 34cc not sure on the make but it's very fast also on YouTube. I'll have to find the link for it.
if funds are tight then start with a stock g320 mate,
then either upgrade the engine as ya go to a 32 OBR or ESP top end,
or add the +2mm crank, mod the cases and add the top end kits as above to make it a 34cc,
or run the g320 for a while, save up and then get yerself an OBR or ESP engine, or a reedcase, or a taylor rc 35cc engine,
theres so many different configurations out there (y)

if funds are tight then start with a stock g320 mate,
then either upgrade the engine as ya go to a 32 OBR or ESP top end,
or add the +2mm crank, mod the cases and add the top end kits as above to make it a 34cc,
or run the g320 for a while, save up and then get yerself an OBR or ESP engine, or a reedcase, or a taylor rc 35cc engine,
theres so many different configurations out there (y)
Mmmm the Taylor 35 lol.. yes money is tight tho.. Ive got to find the link for that one.i saw on YouTube.. it's was crazy fast .. give me 5 I'll try and find it now 👍
Mmmm the Taylor 35 lol.. yes money is tight tho.. Ive got to find the link for that one.i saw on YouTube.. it's was crazy fast .. give me 5 I'll try and find it now 👍
Not a lot of detail about it but it says cheap. But how cheap is cheap to this guy lol

Last edited:
Go with the Zenoah 32 fella. Loads of low down torque to get you going and they rev pretty high too.

As for Carb RC, on the facebook groups he's making his mouth run and claiming the likes of OBR, Taylor RC and some other big names in 5th scale RC's are hyped up and worthless. Watch his videos and make your own mind up, a lot of folk are saying he's sped his videos up with editing to make the rigs look faster.

Go with the Zenoah 32 fella. Loads of low down torque to get you going and they rev pretty high too.

As for Carb RC, on the facebook groups he's making his mouth run and claiming the likes of OBR, Taylor RC and some other big names in 5th scale RC's are hyped up and worthless. Watch his videos and make your own mind up, a lot of folk are saying he's sped his videos up with editing to make the rigs look faster.
well well well kev, that carb rc dude looks like the fella that was on here a while back, he reckoned to be a porting god etc etc :ROFLMAO:,
looks like he's tried to reinvent himself with a new youtube channel,
i had a bit of a bust up with him that some will remember cos he was full of crap,
heres a vid from his other channel, same piece of land he's running on :D,

How you doing mate.. I've had to take a few mins to watch all carb rc vids and I have to be honest it look very quick. I don't do Facebook so I have no idea about the Mish mash with him. And I don't think any videos have been sped up but I could be wrong. Not a lot of running time in his vids I will say tho..
I'm tempted to start a new YouTube account and comment on his vids to get an insight further..

Has anyone on here brought an engine from him ?

How you doing mate.. I've had to take a few mins to watch all carb rc vids and I have to be honest it look very quick. I don't do Facebook so I have no idea about the Mish mash with him. And I don't think any videos have been sped up but I could be wrong. Not a lot of running time in his vids I will say tho..
I'm tempted to start a new YouTube account and comment on his vids to get an insight further..

Has anyone on here brought an engine from him ?
I don't think a single person has bought anything from him.

Engines from my limited 3 years experience of 2 stroke.
Started with a 30.5cc King motor engine, cheap, easy to work on, top end rebuild kit was £22. Killed it.
The bought a 29cc 30Degrees North engine to go in my Baja when I also bought my 30 degrees north truck.
Better than King Motor, bit more expensive for rebuild kits but reliability was multiple times better than the KM and felt like twice the power.

Wanted more power for the truck so rebuilt the 29cc into a 30.5cc, better but still not enough.

Spent £300 on a brand new Zenoah G320 engine, came complete with carb, air filter, exhaust etc. Fitted that to my 30DNT, massive torque increase and big BHP increase from the other engines.

Now for reference, the KM engines would last about 6 weeks between rebuilds, the 30DN engines, 12months and then rebuilt it for more power.
The ZenG320 is easier to start than the other engines, and everyone runs them or a variant of them, the Losi 5iveT 2.0 comes with the ZenG320 so it's not a bad engine.

If I was buying another engine for my Baja it would be a G320.

I don't think a single person has bought anything from him.

Engines from my limited 3 years experience of 2 stroke.
Started with a 30.5cc King motor engine, cheap, easy to work on, top end rebuild kit was £22. Killed it.
The bought a 29cc 30Degrees North engine to go in my Baja when I also bought my 30 degrees north truck.
Better than King Motor, bit more expensive for rebuild kits but reliability was multiple times better than the KM and felt like twice the power.

Wanted more power for the truck so rebuilt the 29cc into a 30.5cc, better but still not enough.

Spent £300 on a brand new Zenoah G320 engine, came complete with carb, air filter, exhaust etc. Fitted that to my 30DNT, massive torque increase and big BHP increase from the other engines.

Now for reference, the KM engines would last about 6 weeks between rebuilds, the 30DN engines, 12months and then rebuilt it for more power.
The ZenG320 is easier to start than the other engines, and everyone runs them or a variant of them, the Losi 5iveT 2.0 comes with the ZenG320 so it's not a bad engine.

If I was buying another engine for my Baja it would be a G320.
Ok so definitely g320 direction is a must. Do you think the g320 would be as fast as the carb rc 34cc I want that kind of performance. Even if he has sped it up lol or is that not possible for a 34. ME: Clueless 😄

my opinion/advice is avoid carb rc at all costs mate (y):)
Ok but if no one has brought from him why would anyone say that. I don't want the in's and out's of what has gone on with this guy but that just doesn't make sense, if you kind of understand 👍

Ok so definitely g320 direction is a must. Do you think the g320 would be as fast as the carb rc 34cc I want that kind of performance. Even if he has sped it up lol or is that not possible for a 34. ME: Clueless 😄
If your wanting that sort of performance your gonna be looking at OBR34 or Taylor35, and unfortunately your gonna have to dig deep in those pockets and down the back of the sofa.
Performance like that also means you have to upgrade other parts too.

What's currently in your Baja??
Ok but if no one has brought from him why would anyone say that. I don't want the in's and out's of what has gone on with this guy but that just doesn't make sense, if you kind of understand 👍
Many people have come and gone not only on this forum but on Facebook, commonly known as chancers. Full of big ideas, big ego's and big claims. When alls said and done they know very little, deliver even less or run off with folks money.
If your half handy with tools you can build your own engine, heck can even learn how to port an engine but its gonna take time, parts and patience.

Your saying you want an engine but on a budget, are you willing to throw away your money for an engine on someone unknown??
Here's a link to a proven engine.
You'll need some more parts to go with it, wrist bearing and couple for starters.
I've seen this engine built and running, and will out perform Carb RC in speed and reliability.
https://www.rcmodelz.co.uk/engine-p...rankcase-2mm-stroker-crank-4890.html?___SID=S

Last edited:
If your wanting that sort of performance your gonna be looking at OBR34 or Taylor35, and unfortunately your gonna have to dig deep in those pockets and down the back of the sofa.
Performance like that also means you have to upgrade other parts too.

What's currently in your Baja??

Many people have come and gone not only on this forum but on Facebook, commonly known as chancers. Full of big ideas, big ego's and big claims. When alls said and done they know very little, deliver even less or run off with folks money.
If your half handy with tools you can build your own engine, heck can even learn how to port an engine but its gonna take time, parts and patience.

Your saying you want an engine but on a budget, are you willing to throw away your money for an engine on someone unknown??
Here's a link to a proven engine.
You'll need some more parts to go with it, wrist bearing and couple for starters.
I've seen this engine built and running, and will out perform Carb RC in speed and reliability.
https://www.rcmodelz.co.uk/engine-p...rankcase-2mm-stroker-crank-4890.html?___SID=S
Thanks for the advice mate much appreciated. I will take a look now at the kit .. I'm not so handy but also commit to something so that could help. Is there vids on YouTube of this kit, would be good to see what it goes like. 👍

Yeah have a spy for ESP 34CC.
On this forum we all like to help and hate seeing people ripped off etc.

What engine etc you currently got in your Baja??
This is the 34 ESP in a rig that's heavier than a Baja and belongs (belonged) to a member on here I'm right.

This is the 34 ESP in a rig that's heavier than a Baja and belongs (belonged) to a member on here I'm right.

Wow that's awesome it does go well. 👍
Ok so does any body no how much carb rc is charging for his engine compared to the obr Taylor
The esp ect.
I think they all look about the same in performance but carb rc is claiming in a vid he is running all stock no upgrades and surely to get the performance on the other engines they need the upgrade parts like pipe ect to run well, or is this not true 😳

I'm confused lol

Sorry I have a rovan 30.5cc but it's not very fast at all 👍

So then, a stock G320 is gonna be a lot faster than your Rovan. This is due to having more torque and being able to up the gearing.

After you upgrade your engine stuff is gonna break. Probably your drive shafts, outdrive cups, diff and possibly gearbox.
Be prepared for them to go bang and need replacing.

Honestly. I don't believe anything Carb RC says about his engines. I could tell you my 30DN engine revs to 24k rpm, doesn't mean its true.

Because of your knowledge I would buy a ready built engine, a dominator pipe on your rovan will be fine for starters, something to upgrade later down the line if you wanted.
I would look at OBR engines, they are bolt in and won't require you to build it yourself.

was replying to this but kevs said it all above :LOL:,
basically carb rc hasnt the experience mate, he may tell you he has loads of customers but in reality he's probably built a few engines in his shed and not sold any, as kev said he's a chancer and you may end up with nothing more than a doorstop after it blows up and he tells you user error,
we're just trying to steer you towards sticking with proven engines, OBR, ESP, Taylor rc etc,
its way too easy to get caught up in a vid that doesn't really show wide open runs or a decent length run of an engine,
yeh i understand where yer coming from as well mate (y),
no idea how much carb rc charges, but he will undercut everyone else for certain, but i don't think for a minute that he will supply any sort of customer care if it goes bang after a few tanks of fuel,

So then, a stock G320 is gonna be a lot faster than your Rovan. This is due to having more torque and being able to up the gearing.

After you upgrade your engine stuff is gonna break. Probably your drive shafts, outdrive cups, diff and possibly gearbox.
Be prepared for them to go bang and need replacing.

Honestly. I don't believe anything Carb RC says about his engines. I could tell you my 30DN engine revs to 24k rpm, doesn't mean its true.

Because of your knowledge I would buy a ready built engine, a dominator pipe on your rovan will be fine for starters, something to upgrade later down the line if you wanted.
I would look at OBR engines, they are bolt in and won't require you to build it yourself.
So you don't think it's all stock on his vids.. so what is he doing? because I've just watched his vids again and I'm sure it sounds different.

Yes I was expecting a lot to break lol . I've done quite well so far only had to replace a few plastic parts.👍

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks