an FG beetle for the alu lovers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thrasher

Check out what just came for sale here for 1000 bucks.

https://www.rcgalleri.dk/fg-garbus/id-181552
fg-garbus.jpg

I thought those were projectors. But they are fake boostbottles arent they? I like it for what it is. Its a shelf queen. its never been driven as much as a centimeter and its never going to get driven one.

Boostbottles is just not a thing where I am from. I have not seen one in the wild ever. Not once. Sometimes at race events but those guys don't show their bottles because it attracts the wrong kind of attention too. So it didnt even cross my mind that it could be fake boost bottles. A bit naff.

Boostbottles is just not a thing where I am from. I have not seen one in the wild ever. Not once. Sometimes at race events but those guys don't show their bottles because it attracts the wrong kind of attention too. So it didnt even cross my mind that it could be fake boost bottles. A bit naff.
Pretty sure boost bottles were common in lile 2006 with banshee guys and motocross (I wasn't old enough to give a fek back then so someone correct me). They don't do anything lol.

So, the idea is to give the impression that you can flip a switch and nitrous oxide aka laughing gas will be blown into the intake for a bit of extra pop. Without actually being able to and if you could, laughing gas in your intake just makes a fool out of you and not actually faster? Thats the general idea right?

ACTUALLY I might be wrong. Maybe proper ones do something, but the little "eBay special" ones for these don't lol
So, the idea is to give the impression that you can flip a switch and nitrous oxide aka laughing gas will be blown into the intake for a bit of extra pop. Without actually being able to and if you could, laughing gas in your intake just makes a fool out of you and not actually faster? Thats the general idea right?
I don't think it's supposed to be nitrous. I found tbis, this ain't mine fyi \/

Adding a boost bottle kit to your engine is one of the most cost effective upgrades out there. It is designed to expand your intake area on your engine by storing atomized fuel molecules in its chamber and forcing them into your engine while you are off and on the throttle.

So it's not nitrous.

thought those were projectors. But they are fake boostbottles arent they? I like it for what it is. Its a shelf queen. its never been driven as much as a centimeter and its never going to get driven one.
It would never see dirt, but I would drive the tires off that thing. I've always liked the bug. Slammed to the ground or baja style.

Yes, and you only kinda remember them because they didnt work. Well some guys claim they worked, but tbh if it was so great the would have come from factory. I cant say with 100% confidence no mfg used one. But I've never seen one on a production MX bike. And like I said, I've seen lots of things that were "better" for a two stroke over the years and few have stuck. The boost bottles keep making a come back for some reason, then fade into obscurity again. Give it 8 to 10 years and they will be brought up again.

It is designed to expand your intake area on your engine by storing atomized fuel molecules in its chamber and forcing them into your engine while you are off and on the throttle.

So it's not nitrous.

Nor is it real. What a load of absolute rubbish. So its two tanks full of gasoline vapor, if it was "real"?

Yeah, that's about the idea, so you know how a two stroke spits a bit of gas back out the carb? The boost bottle is supposed to catch that and hold it until the engine sucks again.... its never worked, will never work, doesn't make sense. Never did never will. But some of them do look fricken awesome ?????

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks