Any B-days?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
88 myself
1/23/1975

I hate the day the cell phone was created.I like that you have a line of communication when you need it. Texting sucks and I prefer to sit down and actually talk to people if I wanted to spend my day typing I would have been a writer or secretary.I'm with Doug on this one the younger generations love all that useless shite but to each their own
So I'm going to point something out that I've noticed a lot recently. Under normal circumstances I have roughly 4 family reunions a year. We have a big family picnic for my hunting camp, as well as monthly meetings. Theres lot of older people that complained about the younger generation playing on their phones all the time. When someone mentions this, I do an immediate head count of age and phone use, and normally make an announcement. It goes something like this. Aunt Betty (or whatever fuddy from camp)made the comment of young people playing too much on their phones. I took a count of all on their phone after she made the comment. And proceeded to name everyone who was on their phone. Its normally the 60+ crowd that wins every time. Most of the people my age have kids to tend to. Or are catching up with cousins we haven't seen since the year before. The older people get bored and start to play on facebook or read some for article or whatever. This happens all the time at hunting camp as well. Weve actually made a motion once to ban cell phones during the meetings and the fudds basically absentmindedly voted to pass it before one of them looked up and asked what we were voting on again. Needless to say, lumping a younger age group together is typically a load of bs, and inaccurate.

88 myself

So I'm going to point something out that I've noticed a lot recently. Under normal circumstances I have roughly 4 family reunions a year. We have a big family picnic for my hunting camp, as well as monthly meetings. Theres lot of older people that complained about the younger generation playing on their phones all the time. When someone mentions this, I do an immediate head count of age and phone use, and normally make an announcement. It goes something like this. Aunt Betty (or whatever fuddy from camp)made the comment of young people playing too much on their phones. I took a count of all on their phone after she made the comment. And proceeded to name everyone who was on their phone. Its normally the 60+ crowd that wins every time. Most of the people my age have kids to tend to. Or are catching up with cousins we haven't seen since the year before. The older people get bored and start to play on facebook or read some for article or whatever. This happens all the time at hunting camp as well. Weve actually made a motion once to ban cell phones during the meetings and the fudds basically absentmindedly voted to pass it before one of them looked up and asked what we were voting on again. Needless to say, lumping a younger age group together is typically a load of bs, and inaccurate.

This is mostly spot on.
Holy FEK your good, right on the mark ?? how did you guess ?

Because I'm amazing

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks