Any FG Porsche Owners here?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony Turbo

Hiya, I need your help.

I had been running a GT2 bodyshell for the last 6 years on my FG and I fancied a change to a GT3 shell. So I bought it all, painted it and stickered it up, only to find that it doesn't fit

ALL the wheels rub in the arches and it makes it unusable without lossing the paint off it, and after the hard work I don't want to do that. I need to raise it up. What are my options and how did you get yours to fit?

The GT2 shell fits perfectly.

Also, what basic suspension settings are you running, or would you recommend for car park use please if you don't mind sharing?

Thank you

Attachments

• N96Image399.jpg
    N96Image399.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 114
  • N96Image401.jpg
    N96Image401.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 103
You could try adding ride height by adjusting the shocks. It may not be great for setup, but it will get the body off the wheels. I don't have any suggestions for setup. I'm still building my Porsche.

Hello,

I don't really want to add any height, or make any suspension changes because my GT2 shell fits fine. I was thinking of getting my dremel out and taking some of the wheel arches off. Bit extreme though.

what are you doing to your Porsche? It's always nice to see what others are doing with theirs :)

what are you doing to your Porsche? It's always nice to see what others are doing with theirs :)

I bought it used. It was in bad shape but I wanted the short wheel base competition chassis. It was missing the Evo 4 style rear shock tower which I could see in the pictures. It had a cracked rear diff mounting block (if that's what it's called), and needs a couple other things. I made those parts out of a hard plastic like delrin as a tempoary fix and just need to install brake servos and buy a body and rear body mount. It's a work in progress to say the least.

Last edited:
I've sorted the problem now, thanks for your help. I raised up the middle body mounts to get extra clearance in the arches.

xlamontx - Post up some pictures when you are done. I like looking at Porsches are not many people have them :)

ive got one!! Just bought a GT2 shell for mine! Hoping to paint it this weekend, but i have to decorate the bedroom first....`isnt this more important??` was the response i got lol. Women just don't understand lol..................`you spent how much??!`

ive got one!! Just bought a GT2 shell for mine! Hoping to paint it this weekend, but i have to decorate the bedroom first....`isnt this more important??` was the response i got lol. Women just don't understand lol..................`you spent how much??!`

Looking forward to seeing her once you get the body painted. Like Tony, I like looking at them too.

Hi All,

New guy joined the forum and want to advise that I just picked up the FG 4WD GT3 RS. Not sure if this is new for 2010 or if out from before. I cheated and purchased the RTR version. I will post pics by the weekend when I paint it.

72defender

Got my new 4WD Porsche GT3 too!!!

Got mine last week from FG Supply/VSM - very fast shipping!! Awesome car and hope to finish the painting and run this week. Goes well with my FG F1 and Carson MB DTM sedan

Sounds awesome 72defender.......looking forward to seeing some pics of this one!

Welcome to the forum! :)

Thanks man! The paint job is done and I recorded a video on Saturday of the finished product. I kept it simple and stuck w/ the orange on black trim like the factory 2007, 08 models.

anyhow, I feel like an idiot mentioning this but I started the motor up a couple times this past Friday and all was well. So I figured to run it today Saturday, but I think I flooded the engine and can't get it to fire up. I followed the instructions on the dvd that came with the car but to no avail. My motor is the ZenoahG26C (the standard one).

Any suggestions?

Hi all!

I mentioned earlier that I'm a new member and got the FG Porsche 4WD RTR about two weeks ago. I ordered this on August 10 and got it September 16 but it was well worth the wait. I have it all painted and transmitted/received set up but I flooded the engine and can't get it to fire up.
I watched the engine troubleshooting portion of the DVD supplied and got it to fire up after closing the high speed needle (the one with the 'L) and it started and burnt the excess fuel for about 4 seconds before shutting off. I then reverted to the original needle settings and tried firing it up but to no avail.

Can you guys suggest what I may be doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks