Any FG Porsche Owners here?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd start with very simply checking the needle settings.
Also, if it 'nearly fires' with the choke on, don't pull the cable again, just open it and fire as normal.
It's probably the needle settings. Check with other threads on this topic. This should be very simple. Another comment, are you certain the cap is on the plug properly, and the plug is in 'firmly' (not too tight) ?
Al.

I'd start with very simply checking the needle settings.
Also, if it 'nearly fires' with the choke on, don't pull the cable again, just open it and fire as normal.
It's probably the needle settings. Check with other threads on this topic. This should be very simple. Another comment, are you certain the cap is on the plug properly, and the plug is in 'firmly' (not too tight) ?
Al.

Thanks so much for this! I'm pulling with the needle setting at their original positions from the factory and the choke flap is in the 'up' position and the primer bulb is full with fuel. I pull and nothing happens. I loosen the spark pluf and check to see if it is wet with fuel and it is but not too wet. I peer into the spark plug hole and there seems to be little fuel visible on the head of the cylinder? I am not sure if I am doing something incorrect.

I did the spark plug test and it does fire a spark every time and when I screw it back into position I make sure not to over tighten and that the cap is securely on the plug.

A lot of people change the black opaque tubing for the yellow translucent / clear tubing. This will permit you to see if the fuel's flowing when you're priming. It's possible the tubing's blocked (very unusual) or kinked, which like a water hose when washing the car blocks the fuel flow.
If the rig's new, there's very little that can be wrong with it. Just go over it again.
Al.

A lot of people change the black opaque tubing for the yellow translucent / clear tubing. This will permit you to see if the fuel's flowing when you're priming. It's possible the tubing's blocked (very unusual) or kinked, which like a water hose when washing the car blocks the fuel flow.
If the rig's new, there's very little that can be wrong with it. Just go over it again.
Al.

Thanks for all your advice! I got it running suberbly and it was the stark plug. I could see a spark for the spark plug test but I ended up changing it just to rule it out and it started w/ no issues as soon as I replaced it. I have it running on FG 2-stroke oil and 94 octane and it's incredible how quickly it accelerates.

good to hear your rolling. be sure to get some action shots and vids.

thinking on a FG F1 for my next venture at onroad.
or maybe a full mod built baja.

Sorry, Timmahh !!
Fingers not moving as quickly as thought !!
Al.

I have a couple videos already and a few pics with my son posing with it. It's a gift for him actually. I'm bragging as if it's mine but it's his and he is through the roof right now. I will upload either later today or tomorrow.

I have to add that the body and the chassis are quite tough. I was driving it on a bike path next to my house at about 50-55 kph and didn't notice some small stones along the way. I tried to navigate around them and ended up drifting into a utility pole and thought the worst had happened. All I ended up with was a scratch to the body and no damage to the chassis.

I will be picking up the carbon side guards from Advanced Hobbies here in Toronto ASAP.

+1 on Tmiahh.
Glad it's running.
Get some photos up, or video if possible.
Al.

Sorry for the wait. I have a couple quick shots here. I will post videos on Youtube. Please search for 'FG Porsche Toronto' or under the profile '72defender'.

hope you guys like.

Attachments

• Dad's Pictures & Videos 049.jpg
    Dad's Pictures & Videos 049.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 37
I'm trying to add more than 1 pic per post but I'm obviously not doing something right. Anyhow, here's what the painted body looks like.

Attachments

• Dad's Pictures & Videos 047.jpg
    Dad's Pictures & Videos 047.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 54
I had troubles with the FG provided stock radio (went into safe mode on its own at 40 yards) and went to my reliable Spectrum DSX3 and what a blast! Handles almost as well as my 1/8 AWD nitro road car, but easier to start and cheaper to run. Cannot wait to get out and run it some more. Will post some videos soon.

looks great mine is on order cant wait

I have been running my FG GT3 RSR very hard once or twice a week. Gets a lot of attention and frequent onlookers fascinated by its speed and control-ability. Easy to dial in and keep off the curbs! No issues whatsoever! The GRP A and Bs tires are great. Also picked up a set of Indy tires and a set of Black Power slicks. Very well balanced. Have to post some pictures this weekend.

I am going to add a 911 gt2 to the stable some day. have to have one in each wheelbase. the gt2 really turns my crank (and my bud just got the gt3 so have to be different)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks