any gasoline bikes?

atom3624

... I believe the favourite's the Hayabusa, unless you like something more classic like a Harley ... :lol::lol:
Only joking.
Nice idea.
Check out New Era models. They do a 1/4 (??) bike. Don't remember what the motive power is.
Al.

swheels

It would most likley be 1/3 scale.A few guys have converted pocketbikes into rcbikes.You can search for the videos on youtube.I wasn't to impressed with them because it seemed like as soon as the bike hit a bump.It went down like a ton of bricks.(do to no suspension)

swheels

Yes there are some vids on youtube of pocket quads that have been converted too.Infact i have a chassis from a pocket quad and thinking of doing the samething.

renbar

theres a vid on here somewere muppet racing i think theres a load of hpi bajas with them quad bodys and stuffed toys sitting on them its brill funny as i nearly pissed myself

Timmahh

Bajastafarian Madnes
PLUS member
i ve thought about what it would take to make a 1/3rdish Reed case 23 bike. hardest thing to find would be proper size rims/tires. i think the rest of it could be sorted out of products currently on the shelf, and some mad fab skillz.

MCRIPPPer

Thread starter #11
are pocket dirt bikes available? that would be sweet. just put WAYYYYYY softer springs in it, and it will ride good i bet.

pocket quads are cool too. i always see them at the county fair. they usually have honda knockoff 50cc engines. (the ones with the cylinder pointing straight forward, like on the honda z50, or 70.)

i always thought it would be cool to take something like an xr 600 or crf 450 engine and put it in a big o' rc buggy. now that would be some power!

Last edited:

q-man

In finland people have put 250cc-300cc knockoff quads from china 600cc cbr engines. Increasing 15-20hp to over 100hp makes really mad vehicle.

kreb

i built one myself. some guys use a windshield wiper motor but you need to hook up some kind of pro logic set up that gets costly. i run on mine 2 turnigy s8166m servo's. 1 i find is strong enough but 2 works great. they are metal gear bb .21 speed and about 450oz torque. and for $25 at hobbyking. can't go wrong there. here is a link to the one i built, the front springs were alittle too soft but i'm rebuilding it. i was givin a vw beetle 2 seater body. its longer so i will be able to set the hood down lower and its about 10" wider so i can really widen up the axles to stabilize it. in this vid only one servo is working so you can see how strong they are.

Last edited by a moderator: