Anyone else tried this ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm experimenting with my head!! I put liquid steel in to fill the void for a base to see if it's worth using alumiweld as a final solution and re surface the port to what it needs to be. Ran it last night on the stand and seem to help tons... I'm going to drop it in one of the baja's tonight to get a better idea on power.

It would be great if it was a fix. Im just not sure any kind of epoxy is able to stand up to the type of heat that an exhaust port does. The alumiweld would be better if it could be done.

I'm only using jb for a test to see how it will preform with the gap closed.. If all goes well I will dremil out the jb and get some alumiweld . gona have to make a wood plug to keep the port closed once the temp is right to melt...heat it and slip to in and fill it..hope its gonna be that easy!

I'm only using jb for a test to see how it will preform with the gap closed.. If all goes well I will dremil out the jb and get some alumiweld . gona have to make a wood plug to keep the port closed once the temp is right to melt...heat it and slip to in and fill it..hope its gonna be that easy!
If you had an old piston maybe you could slide that up in there and use it to plug the hole

So i got a g290rc cylinder will that work on a km cc with a 2mm crank

Um i think you will be in trouble on that one. Do a test to be safe. Assemble the motor and put the cylinder on it. don't use any bolts on the cylinder. Slowly and gently turn the crank over by hand. When it hits the top of the cylinder(im pretty sure it will ) Gently continue to turn it and see if and how much it raises the cylinder off the CC. If it lifts it try and hold it level and see how much of a gap there is between them. It will give you a rough idea of what your looking at for gasket thickness. don't forget you would need to be at least .5mm more gap than it has for your squish clearance. A typical gasket is about .53 mm so if you have a bigger gap then that your into stacking gaskets to get the right thickness. If you think its going to take more than two gaskets to make it work don't bother, your just asking for headache.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks