Anyone have one? Or seen one?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Google "ghost gun" us mail order you get a cnc in the mail???
Searched that and those look like the computer operated ones right? Which I suck at, especially if you need to enter x,y values which I'm Terrible at ? id like one of the manual ones like this
24350.png
With the twist handle things to move the item left right forward backward ? sorry I don't know anything about machining atm so if a machinist or atleast someone who knows anything reads this, sorry if I just gave you brain cancer becuase of my ignorance ?

Searched that and those look like the computer operated ones right? Which I suck at, especially if you need to enter x,y values which I'm Terrible at ? id like one of the manual ones like this
View attachment 52055
With the twist handle things to move the item left right forward backward ? sorry I don't know anything about machining atm so if a machinist or atleast someone who knows anything reads this, sorry if I just gave you brain cancer becuase of my ignorance ?

You can google the xy!......LOL

Hate solving for x, failed that like 3 times ?

Dang ,me to ,could never figure this one out!.....https://i.postimg.cc/wRTzz6Qk/don't-be-a-jerk-zpsf4b47058.png
https://www.harborfreight.com/7-inc...stUkrQIkMUPiFIXVEcM0KGT_wgbey2TgaAoPBEALw_wcB
Reviews seem decent ? I think I want to get one in the future ? since I ain't got space for a full size one. Would seem like a decent contender for RC hobby use ?

At one time ,I was considering on one of those little wire feeder welders ,I borrowed one from work when I painted
my truck to fill in holes on the body!

Last edited:
https://www.harborfreight.com/7-inc...stUkrQIkMUPiFIXVEcM0KGT_wgbey2TgaAoPBEALw_wcB
Reviews seem decent ? I think I want to get one in the future ? since I ain't got space for a full size one. Would seem like a decent contender for RC hobby use ?
We had one at work . It's cheap for a reason. They aren't very precise. Lot's of play in different parts of it .
Google "ghost gun" us mail order you get a cnc in the mail???

An Ex Marine here in Western New York just got arrested for making Ghost guns. I wouldn't risk it .

We had one at work . It's cheap for a reason. They aren't very precise. Lot's of play in different parts of it .
Well it's a 600 USD item from China so I wouldn't expect it to be very precise, as long as it gets the job done ?
An Ex Marine here in Western New York just got arrested for making Ghost guns. I wouldn't risk it .
Don't think he's talking about that, ? but then again I have no idea what he was saying/wants to say ?

Last edited:
New York is not a good example of gun laws. Right now they are in the supreme court getting their arse handed to them about their gun laws. Its states in our constitution that we may make firearms for personal use with out the intent to to sell. So as long as he wasnt selling then he was well within the law. Then again this is the same state that allows you to have abortions right up until the baby is delivered. I digress... let's not dive into politics.

I agree with coop about the mill.... having worked for a machine shop I was spoiled by really good equipment and have a hard time using "junk" but it depends on your level of acceptable tolerances and what you want to make. I think there is a company called grizzly that makes mini lathes and table top mills that are supposed to be rather high grade.... but they are (I would assume) much higher cost. If you want to start with a cheaper and see how it goes then trade up I would go with it. You can also check out flebay and the local adds for small used lathes and what not. Every now and then something good for cheap pops up.

New York is not a good example of gun laws. Right now they are in the supreme court getting their arse handed to them about their gun laws. Its states in our constitution that we may make firearms for personal use with out the intent to to sell. So as long as he wasnt selling then he was well within the law. Then again this is the same state that allows you to have abortions right up until the baby is delivered. I digress... let's not dive into politics.

I agree with coop about the mill.... having worked for a machine shop I was spoiled by really good equipment and have a hard time using "junk" but it depends on your level of acceptable tolerances and what you want to make. I think there is a company called grizzly that makes mini lathes and table top mills that are supposed to be rather high grade.... but they are (I would assume) much higher cost. If you want to start with a cheaper and see how it goes then trade up I would go with it. You can also check out flebay and the local adds for small used lathes and what not. Every now and then something good for cheap pops up.
Ok, depends on how much I can afford/be willing to spend when the times comes. Just checked out the grizzly (if the one I link is the right one) and it isn't a crazy lot more than the harbor Freight one that's a little smaller (2 inches)
https://www.grizzly.com/products/Grizzly-7-x-14-Variable-Speed-Benchtop-Lathe/G0765
So that will probably be what I'll get. I'd love a full size but again, no space and how the hell would I get that in the basement.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks