Anyone try DBXL AreaRC / AIL Ball drive system

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bryan K.

I saw this for the HPI Baja a long time ago from UberRC. While this would probably have solved all my dog bone diff cup issues on the Baja, it was just way too expensive. However, it seems this design is available now for the DBXL from AreaRC also sometimes branded AIL. Anyone have experience with these? They are less than half the price by comparison (because China), then again you need 2 sets compared to just one set for the Baja. They look good. My DBXL's diff cups have some wear, but no where near as bad as my Baja, I'm sure because the power load is evenly distributed to all 4 wheels. Anyways, might take the plunge. I have AreaRC and FID parts. They seem to be good quality, but those are not really mechanical parts, just shock mounts, chassis braces and hubs. BTW, has anyone noticed any quality difference between FID and ArearRC as well? FID generally seems to be more expensive.

Attachments

• HTB1B7fYNXXXXXbOapXXq6xXFXXXG.jpg
    HTB1B7fYNXXXXXbOapXXq6xXFXXXG.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 8
  • HTB1G.UlNXXXXXcGXFXXq6xXFXXXf.jpg
    HTB1G.UlNXXXXXcGXFXXq6xXFXXXf.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 9
  • HTB1jNMXNXXXXXbRaXXXq6xXFXXX9.jpg
    HTB1jNMXNXXXXXbRaXXXq6xXFXXX9.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 9
What other upgrades would you guys recommend from either company? I have the FID hubs and carrier, Area RC chassis braces and steering cover, FID front and rear shock mounts and center diff bearing mount. What about the dual steering assembly and front and rear diff mounts? I've heard that the diff casings are a good upgrade as they overheat and can melt the plastic? Should I just upgrade the diff gear casing or the outer diff casing as well? I'm avoiding the metal A arms, I never upgrade those to aluminum on any car other than 1/10 scale touring cars.

thanks!

Metal diff cases ? I have FID. no duel steering for the dbxl. It's a large 1/5 scale servo. So just get a good one. (I have savox) and basically you only need to replace what you break. Chassis braces are a good idea imo.

Metal diff cases ? I have FID. no duel steering for the dbxl. It's a large 1/5 scale servo. So just get a good one. (I have savox) and basically you only need to replace what you break. Chassis braces are a good idea imo.

Get the inner and outer diff casing or just the outer?

Also, are the inner diff casings the same for the front/rear and center? I wasn't sure since FID doesn't specify. But looks like they only carry one type.

thanks,

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks