Anyway to fix this?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

niz55

So typical vrc pipe fitment challenge but this time I really can't fix this thing unless you guys have some ideas. My only choice is emailing DDM and have him send me a new header.
As you can see it contacts the brake cam.

PXL_20240127_235617816.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL.jpg
PXL_20240127_235755141.PORTRAIT~2.jpg
PXL_20240127_235626721.PORTRAIT.jpg

I have to take it off and bolt it somewhere else as I am afraid I will crack the head of I try to bend it while attached to the engine.

Honestly I am just going to wait for Steve to send me a new header and see if that works.

I should of picked up your olimat pipe when I had the chance. 😐

Thanks man appreciate it.

Here is a pic of it so far. Almost done.

Just need..

Pipe
Dye wheels black with orange outer rings.
Shoo goo the big ass body.
Stiffer springs with shock fluid change.

PXL_20240128_034805035.jpg

Looks good...you could cut and reweld or mark the spot that hits and heat it up and put a dimple in it with a ball peen hammer. Just an idea.
Unfortunately I can't risk that as ddm might not return it or replace so will wait.
Nice build, Subtle and to the point. Btw what vrc pipe did you get?
https://www.ddmracing.com/Victory-RC-32cc-Rear-Mount-Tuned-Pipe-for-Losi-5ive-w-Zenoah-G320-FD935T

Not my car but it is exactly like this. Had it on the last 5T and is got insane amount of power down low. Was running 22T 34cc esp no problem at all and still could of geared higher.

Screenshot_20240127-212330~2.png
Screenshot_20240127-212318~2.png
Screenshot_20240127-212324~2.png

Last edited:
DDM will take care of it im sure if it happens with the new header I am returning for refund and buying a olimat from taylor. I mean is not just this one most of his pipes that I got are somewhat not so great fit. I do agree with you on the vekta mine was also a good fit. I only had vrc and olimat and I have absolutely never once had an issue with olimat. 100% perfect fit.

I'm with you on that, I'm about to buy another silenced pipe for my 2nd on road 5ive I'm building. This one will be a bit different on the suspension settings,diff fluids and an esp 30.5.

Not sure if this bend is supposed to be like this but VRC told me he does it for better performance 🤔

View attachment 91681

Well I am not sure on that.
I am an engine builder by trade and never heard of that. Maybe the ripples stop reversion ; maybe??
Any headers I have built over the years have always been smooth inside. We have even gone through the trouble of having them extrude honed to try to eliminate anything inside that might disrupt air flow.
However I am not an expert by any means.

There is on the other hand very little air (exhaust) on the inside of that bend, most of the flow is forced to the outside of that bend, think about it as if you were deflecting water from a garden hose.
Most likely the ripples come from bending a tight radius on a thin tube.

You want the transitions to be smooth, looks like he uses a pipe bender and those dimples are to prevent the pipe from kinking that's all.

If I saw that I'd sent it back, that looks like crap.

I have bent a boatload of tubing from race car chassis being 4130 chromoly , to exhaust tube. The proper size die and shoe set does not leave kinks like that.

I am set-up to bend everything from 1/4 up to 1 5/8 tube and none of my benders and dies leave it looking anything like that.

I would have to agree with Rep732 and wouldn't be happy with that.

Here is a picture of his Facebook page. The header has nice bend without any dimples. He mentioned his got new machine now that makes better bend and he will send one to ddm to have him ship it to me.

Looks like I will be running in the engine with OEM can 😆

Sometimes my brain doesn't function correctly and I ask myself afterwards why I didn't buy a olimat to begin with. . Haha
Screenshot_20240127-212324~3.png

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks