Are HW QS8 adapters to EC5 safe to use?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parcou

Fam

I have read ESC adapters are not good or advised for high-voltage rigs. If I changed my ESC from a Firma 160A to a HW Max5 pictured below for a Losi DBXL-E 2.0.... If this safe to using a QS8 adapter to my dual 4S batteries that are EC5?

All my batteries are EC5. Is the below a safe setup?

I would get the G1 version not G2

Screenshot 2024-03-02 at 3.14.42 PM.png

Last edited:
Why don't you just get a regular g5 max5 and solder IC5 on them? Spektrum IC5 are very easy to solder and extremely well made.

Why don't you just get a regular g5 max5 and solder IC5 on them? Spektrum IC5 are very easy to solder and extremely well made.
I hate to solder, but you have a point. Found this Max5 mint but used and has the connector on it with 4028mm fan as well. I could change it if I learn how to solder :LOL:

Thx for the feedback

Adapteurs can work and often get you by. With the high amps of that esc I would go with the biggest and least amount of connectors possible, the ic5 have a much lower max and would limit the power to the esc, to the point they may get hot.
However, soldering the big wires to big connectors takes a really good soldering iron and can be tough even for experienced welders, the heat from soldering will.follow the wires and could heat up battery cells and esc boards if you try and don't succeed for long enough. Practice on smaller connectors and wires to get used to it before taking on the challenge of the big stuff

Adapteurs can work and often get you by. With the high amps of that esc I would go with the biggest and least amount of connectors possible, the ic5 have a much lower max and would limit the power to the esc, to the point they may get hot.
However, soldering the big wires to big connectors takes a really good soldering iron and can be tough even for experienced welders, the heat from soldering will.follow the wires and could heat up battery cells and esc boards if you try and don't succeed for long enough. Practice on smaller connectors and wires to get used to it before taking on the challenge of the big stuff

Thx for the good reply (y)

In this case it is coming from RCP (Radio Control Power) site and they will do the soldering. The connector will be a 8awg wire they said in email they will make sure the connection is solid. This is how they sell them I've been happy with a lot of their products so far.

Great reply, thx!

I run the Max5 g1 with the same setup, only diff is all three of my connectors are EC5 and it is in a Baja. Two EC5 into one QS8 will be fine.

The Baja in my sig is electrified.

The ESC that comes in the Vesla uses xt160 bullet connectors and 6 guage wire. I made a Y adapter that goes from the esc xt160 to 2 IC5 connectors so I can use my existing batteries that I have on it but I didn't have any 6 guage wire so I used deans 12 guage wet noodle wire. I don;t run stupid power through it so hopefully they will be ok. I haven't run it yet but will find out soon lol
I made adapters on my X-Maxx too to go to the IC5 and those have been good so far so adapters do have their place but like was said above every connection adds resistance and you can start melting stuff/loose power if there is too much
As for soldering those big wires ya they can be a pain to do but I find that instead of using an iron if you use one of those mini butane torches they work great as they heat up the connections super fast and hot.
I have that fancy LRP soldering station and it does the IC5 ok but it wasn't enough to do the xt160 connector

The ESC that comes in the Vesla uses xt160 bullet connectors and 6 guage wire. I made a Y adapter that goes from the esc xt160 to 2 IC5 connectors so I can use my existing batteries that I have on it but I didn't have any 6 guage wire so I used deans 12 guage wet noodle wire. I don;t run stupid power through it so hopefully they will be ok. I haven't run it yet but will find out soon lol
I made adapters on my X-Maxx too to go to the IC5 and those have been good so far so adapters do have their place but like was said above every connection adds resistance and you can start melting stuff/loose power if there is too much
As for soldering those big wires ya they can be a pain to do but I find that instead of using an iron if you use one of those mini butane torches they work great as they heat up the connections super fast and hot.
I have that fancy LRP soldering station and it does the IC5 ok but it wasn't enough to do the xt160 connector
Thx

I hate to solder, but you have a point. Found this Max5 mint but used and has the connector on it with 4028mm fan as well. I could change it if I learn how to solder :LOL:

Thx for the feedback
soldering is fairly easy to learn. with some YouTube videos and practicing it can be learned and done. better safe then sorry i always say with high amp draw / high volt setup with a model that has alot of weight to move with it

soldering is fairly easy to learn. with some YouTube videos and practicing it can be learned and done. better safe then sorry i always say with high amp draw / high volt setup with a model that has alot of weight to move with it
Thx for the reply (y)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks