Axle boots shredding

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteelJans

Hi guys,
the problem is this.
I mount the Hostile ones and notice that they touch the suspension springs causing an abnormal wearing.
The setup configuration is the default one.
Sincerely I don't know how fix this...
Anyone with the same problem?

could be a few different things mate,
post a pic or two then we can see if anything stands out(y),
is the baja completely stock? or do ya have aftermarket a arms, dogbones or i-rc big bore shocks fitted etc,
plus are you using the 22mm or 25mm boots,

edit; i have had boots rub on the baja before , but was barely rubbing and didnt destroy the boots,
well it did, but took a fair while :LOL:,
might be that yours are just rubbing on full extension/droop when cornering hard or sommat, limiting cables/straps would cure that

is the baja completely stock? or do ya have aftermarket a arms, dogbones or i-rc big bore shocks fitted etc,

edit; i have had boots rub on the baja before , but was barely rubbing and didnt destroy the boots,
might be that yours are just rubbing on full extension/droop when cornering hard or sommat, limiting cables/straps would cure that
Thanks,
Arms and hubs are stock, except for the driveshafts and the boots.
I put on the DarkSoul gen V3 and the Hostile Boots.
I will post some pics asap.

There are several baja boots available. I recently had a similiar issue where the boots would twist around the cup and bone. I believe they were Hostils too. Got um on FLM heavy duty cups and bones. I would suggest contacting DDM and asking them which boots are best for the stock cups. That's atleast my plan when I crack into my baja next spring lol.

Here some pics
1667465035035.jpg 1667465035165.jpg

I have a set of genuine hpi boots to try.
Could the 5SC cups be the cause of the problem?

look at the pic of the shock bottom mate, the one on the right,
looks like you have offset balls (for want of a better word ) :LOL:,
if they are offset, then just remove the lower shock bolt, pull the shock bottom up and out,
rotate 180 degrees and refit, it looks in the pic that that will give you a few mm of clearance (y),

look at the pic of the shock bottom mate, the one on the right,
looks like you have offset balls (for want of a better word ) :LOL:,
if they are offset, then just remove the lower shock bolt, pull the shock bottom up and out,
rotate 180 degrees and refit, it looks in the pic that that will give you a few mm of clearance (y),
the suspension ball has no offset... it is a visual effect due to the angle of the photo.

the suspension ball has no offset... it is a visual effect due to the angle of the photo.
ah right mate, yours are very close, i don't recall any of mine being that close even with i-rc big bore shocks,
i would suggest a set of limiting cables/straps to stop the suspension drooping as much,
if i recall stock baja shocks tilt slightly outwards towards the top, so that would move the boot away from the shock a tad as its set a little higher up,

edit; i mean the shocks tilt rearwards towards the top :D

Last edited:
On my setup I use 1° while the standard setup is 4°.
If I go for 4° toe angle the issue is even worse.
then theres defo sommat wrong mate,
can you post a pic of how you have your rear shocks mounted please? (y),
i think i may know what your problem is,
have you mounted the top of the rear shocks to the front side of the shock mount?
if you have, then easy fix, there supposed to mount to the rear of the shock mount (y),
hopefully thats the issue, easy mistake to make and we all make mistakes from time to time,

then theres defo sommat wrong mate,
can you post a pic of how you have your rear shocks mounted please? (y),
i think i may know what your problem is,
have you mounted the top of the rear shocks to the front side of the shock mount?
if you have, then easy fix, there supposed to mount to the rear of the shock mount (y),
hopefully thats the issue, easy mistake to make and we all make mistakes from time to time,
Thank you mate! You saved me.
I don't know how I made such a stupid mistake.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks