Baja 5b bogging

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
correct, every motor will be different for a variety of reasons.

Local temps. altitude above sealevel. gas/oil ratio. ect ect ect.

i would agree with My lil about a filter for a vented gas cap.

well i think i've solved the problem in my past post i said it checked for air leaks with wd-40 and picked up nothing i tried it with brake clean because it doesn't burn very good and i found the carb to intake manifold leaking like crazy one shot when idling it would die
pulled the carb off took it apart to check for dirt found sand on top of the diafram leaking in through the primer bulb base.
no dirt has seen to get into the cylinder thank god
put it back togther ran it in my garage seems to be running great notice that the low speed needle is way more responsive to change.
the final test will be in the sand pit this weekend!

Last edited:
well just wanted to let every one know that bogging problem is finally fixed after replacing the carb to intake gasket ran it this weekend in the pit two hours or so of hard running never missed a beat
until the pinion bolt snapped in half (instant neutral)haha
took a look at the clutch toast
time to order some parts!

that or the elcon/lauderbacher adjustable clutch.

Glad you got it worked out.
sometimes issues can be hard to diagnose, but there are always tell tale signs, its just learning how to read them to help diagnosing the probs.
T

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks