Baja 5B starts and instantly stalls

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GoneRogue

Hey Guys,

Just engine swapped my baja as my last engine went capoot. After installing the new one I went to see if it started and it would start but it would instantly stall, no throttle or anything applied just stalls after 1 second. I have had this happen to me before and it was an air leak from the exhaust port but I have made sure everything is tight and I don't see anywhere there could be an air leak. I have also tried replacing the plug and that didn't help, the other one also didn't look spoiled either. Maybe I need a new carb?! Or my fuel lines are not working as they should?. Not sure what else to look for, or anyway I can find an air leak if there is one. Any advice would be much appreciated.

check you have your fuel lines the right way round mate, clunk line to the bottom and top is return line,
also check the insulator and carb gaskets, make sure the pulse hole isnt clogged with a piece of gasket or crud (y)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks