Baja diff bearing removal?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am talking about the bearings on the outside of the case.I have tried heating them up and prying them off the case and these things aren't coming off.I have even beat the crap out of the bearings in hope that they would break loose.Any ideas on how I can get these off of here?

I am talking about the bearings on the outside of the case.I have tried heating them up and prying them off the case and these things aren't coming off.I have even beat the crap out of the bearings in hope that they would break loose.Any ideas on how I can get these off of here?
Well if you beat em up what's the point in removing em? Lol. Try heating up up in the oven for a few mins, they are a press fit I believe

Well i am replacing them I have a full bearing kit here.I heated the case up multiple times in the oven and believe me it will not budge.They must have soaked them in loctite.They also used gasket maker to seal the case and there were blobs of gasket material inside the case.I may cut them off if I can't manage to get them off or just buy a new case.

Well i am replacing them I have a full bearing kit here.I heated the case up multiple times in the oven and believe me it will not budge.They must have soaked them in loctite.They also used gasket maker to seal the case and there were blobs of gasket material inside the case.I may cut them off if I can't manage to get them off or just buy a new case.
Gasket maker, that's not right. Yeah rovan/km tend to over do it with Loctite lol. Try to find a bearing puller, usually you can rent one at AutoZone or something. If that don't work then I guess your only option is a new case.

I just removed the bearings on my diff a couple nights ago. But it was an HPI and I was able to just pry from one side to the other between the case and the bearing with a big-ass screwdriver and eventually worked its way off. Sorr I can't be of more help

Aluminum expands and contracts about twice as much as steel. When heated together the press fit is getting tighter. Putting it in the freezer like @cbaker65 suggested should do the trick. If you go to heat it up again, try to use a small butane torch and concentrate the flame on one spot on the inner race.

Well if you beat em up what's the point in removing em? Lol. Try heating up up in the oven for a few mins, they are a press fit I believe

Z they are not press fit. When you put them together you are suppose to put a drop of red loctite on the diff then slide the bearing in place.

You need to heat the bearing so that it will expand a little and then gently pry it up evenly all the way around.

Bearings are hard to get out of anything aluminum ,regardless on how they were put in ,the best way is to try to punch
them out with equal amount of force all the way around the bearing ,with a good solid pressure hit or with a special
puller tool ,that is providing that the bearing is still intact ,if it already came apart and only the outer reese is stuck in
there ,then your really screwed!....LOL

I know that , these are a SOB when that happens ,an they are not glued in!

The bearings are still in one piece maybe missing a ball or two but the freezer didn't help either.I am just going to order a new case my time is worth more than the aggravation and case put together.They must have put quite a bit of loctite on them.

It was worth a shot any way ,I would have tried either way too!......(y)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks