Baja not revving, idles fine

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GoneRogue

Hey,

My Baja is not revving past very low RPM, idles fine but I have to apply very little throttle to get it moving and if I put over 25% throttle it bogs down and almost stalls.
Here is a video:

Cant see the buggy too much but the sound is more important. At one point I apply throttle and you can hear it almost stall.

Any thoughts of what could be happening?
Thanks.

The settings are way richer then stock, and I thought is air leak it would be to rich not lean? Maybe need a new carb I think, something wrong with the fuel delivery

It's an extreme lean condition, it's by NO means rich as if it was overly rich it would never start and it would flood out easily.

To put it plain your wrong with your assessment and I promise you'll be doing a top end as your going to weld that piston to that cylinder.

You have a very large air leak behind the carb and it's about as simple as that, nothing more and nothing less.

Post up a pic of the spark plug from that video I bet it's as clean as clean can be.

Your taking my reply as an offense not sure why, I am just saying that the needle settings is richer then the stock settings for the carb. Good to know that air leak would make it lean even still. Ill take a look at the mount but I checked this before and it was o there solid and tight.
For spark plug I thought it should be black for lean and shiny wet if rich or am I wrong?

I'm not taking offense, it's an emphasis on how close you are to blowing up the engine that's all. I'd bee surprised if there isn't damage already starting on the piston.

For the spark plug no you have it backwards. Rich=safe is black and lean= clean shiny and dangerous to the engine.

I'd suspect that your carb insulator is warped and of a gasket is no good. Take the insulator off and put it on a known flat surface and shine a light at once side and see if you can see light coming through to the other side that's on the flat surface, if you do the insulator is warped and needs to be replaced.

just to clarify some stuff fella can you give a bit more info on your engine,
how old is it? new or used,
which engine and carb are you using etc (y),
yes you have an air leak but more info would be helpful,

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks