Battery baja question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is this battery good ?? Only one I could find higher then 2000mh n the 2000 o yes were smaller

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191217-233542_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20191217-233542_eBay.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 7
I cant get that specific one I only find 3000 mah in Canada. Should bbgoid enoghe right ?

Yeah, plenty. The stock HPI NiMh pack is 3000mah. Nice thing about the LiFe pack is it won't sag within 15 minutes like the stock pack did. I've never run a single Rx pack down the entire time I've had my truck. Usually 2 tanks is plenty of running for me in a day. And if I ever thought I'd need more juice, I just pack along my charger.

I have been using 2s 2200mah lipo battery, but it seems that life battery can also be used as a try

Lipo is awesome for high voltage setups. Mine is running the old Futaba 6v receiver, and 6v digital servos. Running a lipo on those is taking a risk of fried electronics, so rather than fully updating everything, I opted for the LiFe battery instead. It really brought my servos to life.

the power density of lipo out weighs and risks of its use. And statistically you stand a better chance of getting hit by lightning then having a lipo go boom, under normal circumstances. There isnt much that is powered by life batteries. Lipos are generally cheaper, and easier to find. We use them(LiFe) in rc as a better then nicd or nimh but not as good as lipo. Let's face it if life was the best battery that's what we be using every day. Btw most of your rechargeable home appliances are lipo powered too.

the power density of lipo out weighs and risks of its use. And statistically you stand a better chance of getting hit by lightning then having a lipo go boom, under normal circumstances. There isnt much that is powered by life batteries. Lipos are generally cheaper, and easier to find. We use them(LiFe) in rc as a better then nicd or nimh but not as good as lipo. Let's face it if life was the best battery that's what we be using every day. Btw most of your rechargeable home appliances are lipo powered too.

Getting a LiFe for my Baja was cheaper than getting a BEC and LiPo. And way cheaper than upgrading everything to handle HV. I never said it's the best out there. I just said it was the best option for me on my budget and at the time. ?‍♂️

Sure, LiPo is the current king, but there are other options, LiFe being one of them.

Last edited:
Only issues I have with LiFe is they still run at 6.6V for a 2S, which means it still won't really work with electronics rated at a 6V max. Also, LiFe has a very sharp discharge curve. Which means you won't be able to monitor voltages and tell when the battery is dying. It'll literally just go flat immediately. They also self discharge in storage much quicker than lipo, which means due to these 2 factors you'll be charging them up pretty much every time before you head out and run. LiFe also tend to have very low C ratings, which means you'll be charging at only 1C or lower.

Personally, the only pro for me is that they are "theoretically" safer than Lipo. Never managed to puff up a LiFe and no real reports of LiFe fires. If you're forgetful or accident prone, LiFe is a better option. That being said, I have 4 ammo boxes full of Lipos and in all my years I have never had a single lipo accident.

Last edited:
So life batteries hold 3.2 volts and just about hold there untill it's out of energy, then they drop like a rock. Lower than 2.5 volts the battery will suffer irreversible damage. It's just something to watch out for, and yes they are way better then the old nimh batteries by far. The low c rating is what gets some people in trouble, however for this particular set up I don't think there is a issue

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks