Be honest

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigdipperfred

How many you guys bolt your body down.On your losi 5t or do you a have different method . i was bored and lazy didnt bolt it down today. lost the threaded hardware in the roll cage.

How many you guys bolt your body down.On your losi 5t or do you a have different method . i was bored and lazy didnt bolt it down today. lost the threaded hardware in the roll cage.
top tip.....remove all 4x body side cage screw things and super glue them in....(y)...and yes I use these every time....(y)...and yes I almost lost 2x of mine at may bashfest on the grass....:eek:....luckly found them and did the glue trick.....:cool:

Ran without them for a while but use them now.
It might be a pita but they do add suuport for the cage if you crash.....that energy has 8 points to disperse over the entire body- front-sides- and back instead of just 4 using only the body clips in front and back.

top tip.....remove all 4x body side cage screw things and super glue them in....(y)...and yes I use these every time....(y)...and yes I almost lost 2x of mine at may bashfest on the grass....:eek:....luckly found them and did the glue trick.....:cool:
Thanks for the tip going have to order some new ones they went bye bye never to be seen again
Just like my money

I almost lost mine a few times too. It does stiffen everything up and this is why I bolt my down. I also thought of gluing them in but didn't like that idea too well if I had to change them for whatever reason and also the stress the glue joint will be in. If you look at the new aluminum threaded inserts you will see they have a small hole drilled in them. What I did was run a safety wire through the hole and and a cage bar. Never lost another one and if they do fall out the wire will keep it from getting lost.

I almost lost mine a few times too. It does stiffen everything up and this is why I bolt my down. I also thought of gluing them in but didn't like that idea too well if I had to change them for whatever reason and also the stress the glue joint will be in. If you look at the new aluminum threaded inserts you will see they have a small hole drilled in them. What I did was run a safety wire through the hole and and a cage bar. Never lost another one and if they do fall out the wire will keep it from getting lost.
Thanks I seen the hole I really didn't think they where going anywhere I pulled one out the rest didn't move but lost i them .I just wanted to burn some fuel up had little time to kill.

This is a waste of time to even talk about.
You would thing this would be the last thing anyone would be concerned about.
I am sorry I viewed this Be Honest category.

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks